Business Unit: Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics
Requisition Number: 245354
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens Logistics LLC is in search of an Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) Officer to join our team at our DFW Airport, Texas location. The EH&S Officer is to be a valued & trusted business partner providing sound direction and functional support to enhance business performance and reduce risk.
- Provide and promote sound management and functional EHS expertise for Siemens Logistics LLC.
- Working closely with Management and employees regarding EHS performance and pertinent regulatory changes that may impact the business.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership, collaboration and coaching/training, motivational, communication, negotiating skills at all levels.
- Understands, trains and applies company-wide and governmental regulations/ standards and reporting (may include OSHA, EPA, DOT and/or other governmental regulatory agencies as necessary).
- Evaluates new processes / projects for EHS risks / compliance.
- Conducts product safety assessments based on ANSI B11.0-2015 (machine guarding), ISO 13849-1:2015 (machinery safety standards), and EU standards.
- ISO 9001:2015 Internal or Lead auditor certification required
- ISO 45001 Lead auditor certification preferred
- 8 to 10+ yrs. relevant experience in Manufacturing environment, Customer Service field operations, and
General Industry background.
- CSP (Certified Safety Professional) preferred
- Strong competency with Occupational Safety
- Results Oriented
- BS / BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution.
- Typically 8 - 10+ years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.