Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 245368
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
How can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our manufacturing team as a Welder where you will operate equipment and weld repair centrifugal and reciprocating compressors and steam turbines to specifications. You will work as part of a team to ensure that all projects are completed safely, correctly and meet customer expectations. You will be expected to follow and promote all safety and quality directives in support of Siemens commitment to be the “Industry’s Premier Service Provider”.
What are your responsibilities?
- Fluent in the operation of Automated TIG and Submerged Arc Weld processes on Steam Turbine and Centrifugal rotor shafts
- Ability to perform set-up and operate a variety of welding machines and heat treat equipment.
- Perform SMAW, GTAW, and PTAW type welding on Centrifugal Compressor and Steam Turbine components (Diaphragms, Nozzle Blocks, IGV’s, Turbine blade blending).
- Interpret dimension and tolerance symbols identified on prints, manufacturing drawings and verify conformance of work pieces to specifications required by prints, specifications or procedures.
- Interpret and execute Preheat and PWHT procedures and instructions.
- Record and maintain welding logs and welding records.
- Maintain all welding department associated equipment in a safe and reliable manner.
- Operation of overhead cranes, forklift and other shop equipment.
- Assist all product lines in disassembly, clean, inspection, repair and assembly on various Siemens Rotating Equipment
- Interact with other production employees, engineering, and management in the execution of day to day job tasks.
- Promote and execute compliance with all safety and quality policies, specifications, regulations, and instructions.
- Perform all general shop tasks assigned by supervisor or any other duties assigned by management.
- This position is performed in a shop environment. The weld shop area is subject to extreme dust, noise, and temperature. Proper PPE is always to be worn.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Five (5) year experience as a qualified/certified welder of rotating equipment and associated components.
- SMAW, GTAW, PTAW welding certifications
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Previous experience with the operation of overhead cranes and forklifts.
- Possess the ability to clearly, professionally, and effectively communicate with supervisors and coworkers
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.