Business Unit: Advanced Therapies
Requisition Number: 245380
Primary Location: United States-New York-
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
As a remote employee in the Advanced Therapies (AT) Research Collaborations Team, you will manage AT research collaborations at hospitals and medical centers in Boston, Philadelphia, New York, and other sites as required on the East Coast.
Research activities involve (but are not limited to) the evaluation of prototype, or newly-released, enhancements to Siemens angiography equipment, for use in interventional procedures. Cross-modality integration of Magnetic Resonance, Computed Tomography and Ultrasound image-guidance technologies will also be in scope.
Job duties include:
- Work with Innovations (R&D) in Forchheim, Germany, and on-site service personnel to install, learn detailed operation of, and pre-test prototype hardware and software.
- Work with legal, research, and logistics personnel on (both internally and with academic centers) to develop research agreements that define the required equipment, funding and deliverables for each research project. Track budget, milestones, and deliverables throughout the project.
- Work with project manager in Forchheim and the site Principle Investigator to define the research protocol for each project.
- Work with research, technical, and medical staff, on-site, to support research-related interventional cases.
- Provide written feedback to R&D for each project, and support the Principle Investigators in reporting and publishing efforts.
- Write and present reports to senior management regarding project results and new project ideas from the field.
- Communicate regularly with other members of the collaborations group, including web meetings, site visits, and workshops in both the US and Germany.
- Present the Company’s research topics to potential new collaborators.
This position will be based in the North East.
Travel will be between 25% and 40% depending on location, to attend internal workshops and medical conferences, and to support collaborations at remote sites.
Education and Experience Requirements:
The minimum education requirement is a Master’s degree in engineering, physics, or a related field, or an MD degree. PhD or MD preferred.
The minimum experience required is 2 years working with medical imaging equipment in an environment (either commercial or academic research) that involves frequent interaction with physicians and other medical staff. Experience with industry-academia research collaborations is preferred.
Special Skills or Other Requirements:
1. Must be able to work and manage time independently, as a remote employee.
2. Interpersonal communication skills are extremely important.
3. Written and verbal communication skills are very important, for both publications support and internal and external presentations.
4. Must be able to work in a team environment.
5. Background and experience in the medical specialty of Cardiology preferred.