Business Unit: Sales
Requisition Number: 245392
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Louisville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens a global power house in electrical and electronic engineering is looking for a seasoned sales engineer Louisville, Kentucky area.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
Job responsibilities will include but not limited to the development and support of Distributors, Electrical Contractor opportunities with additional focus on achieving projects through area General Contractors. The individual in this role will provide market presence and channel support in the Lansing market servicing to achieve share growth. Fully utilize Philos as the tool to develop and forecast contractor opportunities. Product support to include but not limited to; Panelboards, Switchboards, Medium Voltage gear, Lighting Panels, Low Voltage Switchgear, Busway, Motor Control Centers, Molded Case Circuit Breakers, IEC/NEMA Control, Safety Switches, and Residential Products.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is strongly desired, although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered.
- 5+ years of sales experience in Power Distribution.
- Knowledge of LV/MV power distribution product line.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and capability to promote new ideas and products.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Analytical thinking combined with conceptual and organizational abilities.
- Team oriented personality who has the ability to work well by themselves or on a team in an international environment.
- Proactive at executing daily tasks and achieving long-term goals.
- Passionate commitment to the company vision.
- Travel required 5%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- BS in Electrical Engineering preferred
- Experience in selling to local electrical contractors highly desirable.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary.
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.