Business Unit: Service Power Generation
Requisition Number: 245409
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Mount Pleasant
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 75%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services. Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines.
Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit:
How can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our team as a Technician where you will assist other winder technicians with all electro-mechanical activities involving repair, installation, testing, and winding operations to meet the required manufacturing and engineering specifications on turbine generator field service equipment. In this role you will be traveling up to 75% or more of the time to both domestic and international customer sites on what often are demanding and aggressive schedules.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
What will your responsibilities be in this role?
- Assist winding operations in a productive manner that meets the manufacturing and engineering specifications on all turbine generator field and factory equipment of both Siemens, Westinghouse OEM and other manufacturer’s designs, including but not limited to, stators, rotors, exciters, and other related rotating and stationary equipment.
- Assist with electro-mechanical operations of various types relating to the testing and servicing of turbine generator equipment.
- Assist in performance of turbine generator inspections, specialty services and related work assignments.
- Assist with winding and machining, assembly, tool setup and operation, work package and other documentation use and implementation, and any other winding/machining tasks that are required to maintain product line service capabilities.
- Communicate work instructions and personal understanding of tasks assigned with leaders and peers, that enables all employees on the project to perform in a manner that maintains and meets task criteria and schedule.
- Complete and assume responsibility for maintaining personal Time and Expense reports on a weekly basis.
- Perform all functions in a safe and efficient manner and maintain a safe working environment that abides by the division safety policy.
- Assist and make recommendations for the development and improvement of winding procedures and techniques to appropriate personnel.
- Perform other product line work, as assigned.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two years of related industrial experience and/or training.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rule, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to do basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The ability to travel 75% or more of the time
- Proficient with hand and power tools
- Be able to climb and work in awkward positions inside a generator frame safely
- Able to operate machinery such as Hytorq equipment, pneumatic wedging guns, sanders, saws, etc.
- Able to stand; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
What other information will be helpful for this role?
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individual must be able to climb ladders / scaffold to connect water skids and assist field engineer in testing operations in various areas of the generator. Must be available to work at customer sites, both domestic and international.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; vibration; and high voltage electricity. The employee occasionally works with toxic or caustic chemicals and radioactive material. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.