Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 245412
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Louisville
Other Locations: United States-Florida-Jacksonville, United States-Pennsylvania-Munhall
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Rail Automation supplies railway markets the world over with solutions and turnkey installations for railway automation and telecommunication. Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways all round the world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities.
Our products and systems are used for automating our customers’ operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation in particular and mobility in general.
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world!
In this Systems Engineer role, you will provide systems engineering support on moderate to complex systems engineering projects and participate in requirements capture; develops new requirements based on customer need. You will also translate requirements into detailed systems/product speciﬁcations. In addition, you will participate in systems analysis, systems/product validation and veriﬁcation and provide technical support to systems/product users and other stakeholders, providing resolution to engineering problems (HW, SW, Test). You will also implement system enhancements and report on the effectiveness of existing and new systems/products.
• Participate in rotational exposure to all aspects of the R&D life-cycle to understand products; customer requirements and interface of hardware/software and system integration.
• Prepares test and diagnostic programs, designs test ﬁxtures and equipment, and completes specifications and procedures for new products under direct supervision.
• Evaluate preliminary engineering and customer requirements to perform hardware designs and application software design with direct supervision.
• Develop test procedures and test plans according to established company procedures and under direct supervision.
• Understand current industry signal standards and practices including AREMA recommendations and FRA (Federal Railroad Administration) rules and regulations.
• Demonstrates a strong customer focus by listening to, recognizing, and responding to customer input in an effective, timely and courteous manner to ensure that designs meet customer specifications.
• Adhere to quality expectations in development of routine designs.
• Follow established guidelines and procedure to ensure technical standards are met according to company standards.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
• Interest in developing a career into SW, HW, Systems or Test Engineering
• 1-2 years ability to debug and troubleshoot electrical/electromechanical devices/systems.
In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
-A competitive base salary
-Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
-Extensive training along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a System Engineer with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!Qualiﬁed Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualiﬁed Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.