Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 245416
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Position location: Northwest/Southwest USA
In this dynamic role, you will establish and lead the marketing and business development to realize booking quota for the Gas and Power, Services Power Transmission group focusing on Transmission Product equipment. You will also strategically drive the business development and the proposal process, will develop a pipeline that will include defined strategies to retain/grow existing, and acquire new accounts to achieve greater market share.
Flexible AC Transmission Systems (FACTS)
High Voltage Substations – GIS, AIS, Mobile Solutions and Transformers
High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC)
• Collaborate and communicate with Siemens Regional and Product Business Development Managers, Siemens Industry, SPSS and Siemens Government Technologies to open sales channels, increase order intake and sell service hours.
• Attend industry trade shows and sales meetings, prepare customer and partner presentations to demonstrate our capabilities.
• Manage the monthly forecasts for reasonableness and continuity with the budget, actual year-to-date results and prior forecasts.
• Develop Strategic Sales Plan
• Define what is needed to be successful in local markets and work with BU Marketing to develop Sales Collateral and key differentiators
• Work in tandem with outside sales
• Develop and Manage Sales Initiatives and programs
• Ensure necessary training and accreditation is provided
• 10 or more years of successful business development or sales experience in a related field.
• Proven track record of account management, including accurate sales forecast, sales process management and successful reach of quota in a complex sales environment across multiple product lines over multiple years within the utility and industrial industry.
• Demonstrative experience with diverse sales channels - direct, indirect, and diverse sales processes - product and software solution sales in large matrix organizations.
• Demonstrated negotiating skills, conflict management skills, sense of accountability, and have the ability to work though others required. Possess persuasive presentation and effective communication skills--both verbal and written--across cultures required.
• Willingness and ability to travel 50% of the time, both domestically and internationally required.
• Experience pulling teams together to formulate winning bids
• Knowledge of Siemens products and services with a focus on the utility industry
• Understanding of business, competitive landscape, legal/regulatory environment, needs/challenges of customers
• Ability to adapt strategy to meet customer needs
• Ability to travel up to 50%.
Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or Engineering required; MBA highly preferred.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees