Business Unit: Supply Chain Management
Requisition Number: 245444
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Fort Madison
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/wind-power-and-renewables.htm
The Operator for the G-Series will prepare the mold, lay glass, inject, and repair imperfections in the components of the blade and assemble them. Must be able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment as required for the position.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience with regular use of power tools and hand tools applicable to position with emphasis on sanding/grinding; prefer 1-2 years professional experience
- Ability to wear a PFT respirator and pass a Fitted Respirator fit test
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds frequently throughout the shift
- Ability to work with epoxy resin and hardener
- Must be able to wear Tyvex coveralls
- Must be able to differentiate colors
- Must be willing and able to cross train and other areas of the G and B blade production
- Within the qualifying period the employee must demonstrate and sustain a satisfactory proficiency in Operator responsibilities
- Available for overtime for up to 12 hour days and on Weekends.
**Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check**