Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 245474
Primary Location: United States-California-Fremont
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
-MiMid-Market Senior Portfolio/Product Manager – Siemens Software
Here at Siemens Digital Industries Software we are seeking to add an experienced Mid-Market Senior Portfolio/Product Manager to join our entrepreneurial SaaS team. In this role you will be responsible for defining the go-to-market strategy for our industry-specific SaaS SMB offers. Profound technical know-how of SaaS methodologies, SMB customer dynamics and high-level knowledge of key discrete industries combined with sound business planning/operations skills are critical for this role.
What will you do?
You will define the customer, market and industry opportunities including competitive differentiation to drive growth and capture market share in key SMB targeted industries. You will also own industry identification, segmentation, customer requirements, customer targets, portfolio recommendations and high-level product requirements. Additionally, you will be a member of the SaaS program team liaising with key business divisions to define vertical competitive solutions spanning from design to simulation to manufacturing.
What does the ideal background entail?
Having a background in Strategic Planning, Consulting and/or Business Operations with skills conducting marketing and customer research to take exciting new products to market. Bringing demonstrated experience building Consulting businesses, delivering on projects of all sizes, and have a well-rounded technical background in current technologies (preferably cloud). A deep financial acumen and having previously led a “strategy and operations” team and being able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and be excited about driving clarity from ambiguity and managing competing priorities are all ideal. Do you have the ability to both develop/drive projects, and roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done? If yes, you are ideal!. In this role, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus operational constraints. Having the maturity, high judgment, horizontal leadership, negotiation skills, ability to influence, and developed people leadership skills are essential to success in this role.
Key activities and deliverables for the Mid-Market Senior Portfolio/Product Manager include:
· Developing strategic business plans (Business Thesis) that include investment strategies to capture SMB markets across key vertical industry segments.
· Developing our global market growth plan and technology differentiation for target customers/accounts across key vertical segments.
· Develop market requirements (Lean Canvas) for our offerings to SMB industry targets including high-level product requirements, technology requirements and competitive differentiation.
· Ensure execution and delivery of key components and services meets the business plan.
· Act as the Inbound Industrial Product Marketing
representative driving the MVP definitions required for market introduction and
Skills and Abilities Required:
· Critical skills and experience needed for this role: strong business acumen,
· SaaS and vertical industry expertise, executive presence, critical thinking, communication/influence and understanding of financial and market model fundamentals in vertical segments (specifically as it relates to market growth, market sizing/opportunity and competitive share shift in key industry segments).
· Understanding of key areas, such as: Knowledge/Practice of PLM markets, impact of disruptive market influences, key technology disruptors and their effect on key vertical segments, understanding the quantification of the impact of technology disruption, industry growth rate analysis, and general market/portfolio analysis practices/processes.
• Excellent business, portfolio management and financial acumen skills
• SaaS leadership or start-up experience taking products to market in the SMB or Mid-sized companies
• Knowledge in a highly fragmented and high growth industry vertical segments, e.g. Automotive, Aerospace, Industrial Machinery, Consumer Products and Retail (CP&R), High-Tech, etc.
• Excellent knowledge of current and future technology trends and ability to correlate technology offerings to key industry pain points to create compelling business value for Small and Mid-sized Business (SMB) customers
• Horizontal leadership and complex program/project management experience
• Courage – Unafraid to try new things or challenge the status quo and push the envelope
• Business credibility / Executive Presence with PL Executives (CEO, Segment Executives)
• Strong leadership skills with proven ability to influence/negotiate and garner support for objectives; comfortable negotiating and driving timely decisions
• Excellent presentation and communication skills to drive and influence business value differentiation externally in vertical markets and with key external market influencers.
• Management experience required, including staff and budget responsibility globally
Education and Experience Requirement:
· BS in Mechanical Engineering (or related field of Study)
· Experience in an industry segment: automotive, aerospace, or industrial machinery
· MBA and 10+ years of Startup or SaaS business management experience.
· Ability to travel domestic and global ~40-50%