Business Unit: United States
Requisition Number: 245497
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Miami
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens Mobility is seeking a Scheduler and Progress Controller to join our project team in the Miami, Florida area. Successful candidates will have spent at least 3 years in comparable progressively responsible positions in project controls of road, rail or comparable infrastructure projects exceeding 1 Million USD in value. Ideal candidates will have knowledge of Florida infrastructure projects, project controls (cost and risk management) methods for construction, commissioning & validation. Candidates are responsible for the detailed preparation, submission and once approved its subsequent implementation, monitoring and update of time schedules and resource plan. They must possess solid leadership, technical, organizational, and communication skills and have a proven track record.
This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, traffic, software or electrical engineering with related work experience. Master of Science degree preferred
- Experience in project controls for US infrastructure and governmental (RFP) projects highly preferred
- 3 years’ experience in a project environment within a corporate context required
- Understanding of infrastructure systems and control systems beneficial
- Project Management Professional certification or equivalent required (PMP-S, CCM, PSP, PMI-SP, PMI-RMP certification(s))
- Specialized skills and proficiency with project/program controls software and web-based program management systems (specifically Oracle/Primavera Project Management - P6, Oracle Primavera Cloud, and Microsoft Project 2016)
- Ability to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several assignments
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Assist in the definition of the project development of Work Breakdown Structure as the basis of all project control system/tools and centralized code structure.
Reviews the contract, extracts the dates of partial completion, milestones and any other contractually binding date and develops a schedule based on this data.
- Cooperates with the project team in order to input feasible and realistic time-frames of every activity mentioned in the schedule.
- Participation in meetings with the client, partners and subcontractors/subconsultants/suppliers in order to establish a mutually agreed project time-schedule.
- Preparation, Monitoring and Update of main project time schedule and partial / subsystem / works schedules.
- Manages resources through the scheduling software.
- Coordination with project team members in order to keep updated the schedule. If a change is approved, must depict it on the time-schedule and inform the management of its impact.
- Compares project performance report to approved time schedule data (work completed vs. worked planed) and informs the management about critical events and significant deviations.
- Provides frequent updates to the team.
- Monitors daily and weekly activities and works progress.
- Provides and contributes to weekly and monthly reporting.
- Prepares and participates in the preparation and update of project-specific quality procedure.
- Cooperates with the Order Manager, Procurement Manager and any other relevant team member about the status of the deliveries.
- Interfaces to programmed works reporting (issued every week by the site manager).
- Incorporation, monitoring and reporting on internal and external milestones.
- Cooperates with the Commercial Project manager and reports commercially and contractually relevant information to respective internal parties.
- Coordinates with the Project Manager, Contract Manager and the legal department in order to initiate a change in case the client or third parties fail to meet a milestone.
- Ensures good practice sharing and feedback of experience e.g. through continuous improvement workshops and project assessments.
Siemens recognizes that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We therefore strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool.
In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
-A competitive base salary
-Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
-Extensive training along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Project Scheduler and Progress Controller with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.