Business Unit: United States
Requisition Number: 245498
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Miami
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Mobility in the United States is in the middle of a technological revolution. Siemens Mobility Inc., Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is a partner to agencies and companies in their transformation combining existing infrastructure with forward-looking, application-driven technology that meets tomorrow’s needs today.
- Master’s degree in business or engineering with more than 3 years of experience
- 3 years’ experience in a project environment related experience performing document control functions for transportation infrastructure projects.
- Experience in project controls for US infrastructure and governmental (RFP) projects highly preferred
- Understanding of infrastructure systems and control systems beneficial
- Specialized skills and proficiency with project documents controls software, web-based program management systems and full suite of MS Office products.
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Proposal and presentation experience desired but not required
- Experience with BIM and CAD solutions are beneficial
- Strong database management skills required
- Basic understanding of estimating, scheduling, and other related database tasks
- Coordinates the management of submittals and tracks workflows and documents in the respective management systems for the completion of requirements between the customers, subcontractors and partners
- Set-up and maintain the electronic documentation management / filing system
- Maintain electronic databases of project information for use by project team, the client and partners
- Liaise with the client for the definition of the elements and amount of data to be recorded on the as-built drawings and the process of their preparation and publishing.
- Collect, review and publish project process, design and implementation documents from the respective departments by interfacing with work package owners and subcontractors
- Collect and archive in cooperation with the project coordinator and others the operation, maintenance and in-service inspection manuals, data sheets, certificates etc. of all materials of the project
- Identify, collect, prepare, review and publish all documentation related to the handover, including but not limited to operation & maintenance manuals, drawings, technical reports, certificates, records etc.
- Validate and verify as-built documentation through defined review processes and on-site quantity surveying
- Coordinate with external service suppliers required for the documentation process
- Ensure that documentation-related deliverables are provided in time and according to the predefined requirements.
- Follow-up open issues, missing information, and take action to resolve such issues
- Prepare the Documentation Plan and any other related documentation required for the project handover
- Coordinating the document list (includes both customer and internal project documents) with the Project Manager, the Sub-Project Manager and, where applicable, the customer
- Prepare technical and administrative reports for completing by the project management
- Monitor the change process and update accordingly the affected files
- Support internal and external project audits and reviews
In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
-A competitive base salary
-Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
-Extensive training along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Document Control Specialist with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.