Business Unit: United States
Requisition Number: 245499
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Miami
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
- Bachelor’s degree in civil, traffic, software or electrical engineering with related work experience. Master of Science degree preferred
- 8+ years' experience in quality management of complex systems or projects.
- Experience in road or rail infrastructure and governmental projects
- Experience in intelligent traffic system (ITS) projects preferred
- Understanding of infrastructure systems and control systems beneficial
- Experience in leading quality management team, i.e. quality and test engineers, inspectors, etc. directly and indirectly
- Experience in the oversight of supplier and subcontractor quality management
- Experience in the configuration of tools for creation of metrics and reports
- Collaboration and management skills
- Quality and Project Management certification or equivalent beneficial
- Specialized skills and proficiency with project/program controls software and web-based program management systems
- Strategic thinking and ability to work independently.
- Ability to take ownership in the process, while working with others to meet the projects goals and assure the project’s success.
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work cross functionally with other groups within the Siemens organizations and project partners to achieve the projects goals successfully.
- The ability to handle conflict, by working with all parties to find successful solutions to issues that may arise throughout the process and is able to facilitate alternatives to find the best resolution to the issue at hand.
- Quality Management System: (a) define and implement the QM system for the project-specific application in accordance with the overall QM system; (b) support project management in planning and securing milestone results; (c) cooperate with business unit QM and other functions e.g. environmental protection, health and safety at work. Lead other quality functions and provide quality tools and guidelines with the support of the organization.
- Project Management System: (a) support in the creation and maintenance of the project procedure manual/project management plan to ensure the quality of project management in key areas such as requirements and risk management.
- Quality planning: Establish and monitor project-specific quality plan and define quality targets based on project requirements, critical factors and define methods/tools based on Siemens global standards. Progress and results should be verifiable based on (a) project factors, (b) quality related KPI's or key figures, (c) defined target values or characteristics as per project target agreement (PM agreement) to be achieved.
- Customer integration: Ensure adherence to processes by a) analyzing and monitoring fulfillment of contractual, regulatory and committed requirements b) managing professional feedback to and from the customer, c) managing complaints.
- Quality in processes and projects: Ensure execution of quality plan and quality gate processes through active involvement in readiness checks and participation in quality gate meetings. Reject releases e.g. at quality gates in case of non-conformity and ensure the initiation and closure of corrective actions. Report and escalate as defined for the function.
- Continuous improvement: Support the planning, initiation and coordination of continuous improvement actions for all phases of the project. Ensure good practice sharing from other existing and previous projects and feedback of experience e.g. through continuous improvement workshops (esp. lessons learned) and project assessments
- Quality-based supplier management: Plan and ensure the required quality level of the project-specific supply chain (internal & external) with the focus on specifications and interface definitions. This includes the support of purchasing in the application of
- supplier-related procedures, such as selection, qualification, development, integration, supervision and auditing.
- Qualification on quality: Identify qualification requirements and initiate training for project employees with regards to knowledge of quality methods to be applied, process awareness and expert knowledge.
- Quality reporting: (a) Collect data, report quality status, quality incidents and root-cause-analysis to Project Management (PM), business unit QM and other defined parties, jointly with the PM team, based on determined KPI's, key figures and specified characteristics. Communicate quality targets to all people affected or involved. Escalate project-endangering situations as set forth in the mission of the function and if relevant, to the head of the business unit. (b) Report non-conformances with project relevance and secure the quality of the non-conformance cost assessments. Controls and ensures data quality of the project reporting.
- Audits and assessments: Plan, conduct and support project audits, assessments, reviews and participate in status meetings. Ensure implementation of (improvement) measures (internal and external).
- Support of EHS: Planning and preparation of quality management reports as groundwork for the safety case, as required by the project.
In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
-A competitive base salary
-Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
-Extensive training along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a QMiP with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.