Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 245508
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Cincinnati
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
In this position, you will oversee software build, and Quality Assurance and Quality Control, for the Simcenter Nastran application. Ours is a tightly integrated build-QC process, supporting a globally distributed development team. As the lead for the Simcenter Nastran Development Operations group, your focus will be on managing the team, processes, and technologies used to ensure fast and dependable delivery of our software. Central to this role is continual honing of the QA process, with particular focus on improving and simplifying the underlying software. In order for Simcenter Nastran to remain a market-leading product, these efforts must lead to improved productivity among both Development Operations, and Nastran development more generally. In order to be successful, you will need to leverage your past experience in automated build and testing suites to bring a broader software engineering industry perspective to the Development Operations group.
You will report to the Software Engineering Manager for the Dynamics, Numerical Methods, and Development Operations Team. This position has the potential to expand in scope beyond Nastran, to encompass build and test infrastructure for other Siemens PLM products.
Your primary responsibilities will be to (1) ensure the efficient operation of Nastran builds and testing across several configurations and OSes; (2) consult on and implement improvements to the build and testing software infrastructure; (3) consult with Nastran management and developers on improvements to development tools and QA processes, and implement agreed improvements.
This position requires minimal travel. Current U.S. work authorization preferred.
• Oversee building and testing of a complex application written in several languages, including Fortran, C, and C++, on both Windows and Linux platforms.
• Monitor build and test processes through quantitative and qualitative performance indicators.
• Direct improvements of automated systems for software build and test, including planning and design of new build and test automation processes and systems.
• Monitor and improve existing build and test status dashboards
• Design and implement new build and test status dashboards
• Provide clear direction to the team in implementing improvements, with particular emphasis on efforts to simplify and improve build and test system reliability
• Clearly communicate to management the risk, reward, and proposed schedule for improvements
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or another heavily technical program
• Five to seven years’ experience in the build and testing of Enterprise software applications
• Experience in aspects of software component design pertinent to build integration
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Experience working with continuous integration pipelines
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
• Building and testing on both Windows and Linux Operating Systems
• Facility with Source Code Management systems (Perforce, Git)
• Thorough knowledge of fundamental quality assurance concepts and best practices
• Proven ability to execute in a customer focused environment and advocate for quality
• Use of VM resources in build and test environments
• Perl, Python, or Shell scripting
• Self-starter, comfortable iterating to a good solution despite uncertainty
• Ability to interact with and positively influence both developers and QC team
• Strong problem-solving skills. Strong analytical mind.