Business Unit: Legal and Compliance
Requisition Number: 245509
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Doctorate Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Primarily responsible for providing in-house litigation advice and services relating to the Business Technology business. This role must coordinate efficiently and effectively with legal department management, other internal litigation counsel, compliance personnel, outside legal counsel, and numerous internal stakeholders. Ability to adjust to changing circumstances and address matters quickly. This position requires an attorney with strong litigation expertise; familiarity with arbitration practice and procedure; ability to handle difficult matters from inception through trial; exceptional legal writing and written communication skills; experience drafting complaints, motions, discovery, and briefs; experience defending depositions.
• Manage sophisticated litigation docket and provide legal advice and services relating to a wide variety of areas, including construction/project disputes, large commercial contracts, and product liability matters.
• Develop, implement, and oversee all aspects of case strategy; manage and direct outside counsel in a cost-effective manner.
• Interact with key internal partners / functions to meet corporate needs, including project management, sales, finance, HR, audit, and Risk Management functions.
• Assist with general litigation topics and provide accurate, timely reports as required.
• Provide useful, proactive training to help minimize future business risk.
• Juris Doctor (J.D.) Degree from an accredited law school
• Must be a member of the bar, in good standing, preferably IL.
• 10 years of complex litigation practice (including substantial law firm experience) involving commercial, construction, and product liability matters
• Proven track record of successfully managing matter budgets and tailoring activities to the risks and issues in individual cases.
• Experience as the lead litigation attorney through all phases of litigation
• Knowledge of e-discovery-related law and best practices
• Strong negotiation and mediation skills and experience,
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• The ideal candidate will have a pragmatic approach to problem-solving and thrive in fast-paced environment where it is necessary to balance risks and business goals.
• Excellent executive communication skills and the ability to distill complex issues in an understandable way, sound business judgment, ability to adapt quickly to change and to work well on a team
• Ability to take command of detailed issues and timely handle administrative tasks while simultaneously maintaining a proactive, big-picture perspective.