Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 245536
Primary Location: United States-Texas-San Antonio
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
Reporting to the Service Supervisor, this position provides technical service to customers Fire Safety systems including technical support during service or inspection of fire systems.
Conducts testing and inspects systems under maintenance agreements.
Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems.
Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner. Identifies code issues and non-conformance issues.
Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities.
Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, requiring further action or material.
Participates in On-Call assignments / schedules as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Up to 2 year in the installation and maintenance of Fire Safety Products.
NICET II (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technology) Fire Alarm Certification within 24 months.
State or local fire alarm planner or contractor license as required by state regulations within 24 months.
Strong customer service skills. Good verbal and written communications skills.
Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.