Business Unit: Large Drives Applications
Requisition Number: 245553
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Norwood
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
How can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our manufacturing team as a CNC Lathe Machinist where you will be assigned to 2nd shift. In this role you will setup and prove out of programs to safely and accurately machine complex parts to print specifications. You will become a member of the local collective bargaining unit upon hire. You will be training on first shift until fully qualified in your new role.
What are your responsibilities?
- Operation of high precision equipment producing complex components to meet customer requirements and production schedule deadlines
- Responsible for safely loading material into machine, loading and measuring necessary tooling and proving out conversational and G code programs
- The CNC Lathe operator produces critical parts for the Large Drives product line and reports directly to the Production Supervisor
- Ensure that all projects are completed safely, correctly and meet or surpass all customer expectations. Follow and promote all safety and quality directives in support of the company's commitment to be the industry’s premier service provider to our clients.
- Safe Set-up and operation of CNC machines, recording measurements using precision instruments, and producing high tolerance components
- Prove out new programs created by engineer for accuracy, efficiency, safety, and quality
- Loading / unloading necessary tools into machine and enter tool length offsets
- Determine tool wear offsets
- Interpret drawings
- Make feed and speed adjustments to program for optimized run times
- Maintain a clean work area and perform all duties safely in accordance with company and OSHA guidelines
- Conduct daily checks of machine to ensure functionality
- Material handling using cranes and walk behind trucks
- Record all dimensions of completed parts in labor packet
What will you need to qualify for this role?
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years operating and set-up experience of CNC lathes or CNC milling machines
- Ability to recognize improper machine and tool performance
- Proficient with understanding G&M code
- Ability to use and read micrometers and depth gauges and dial indicators
- Knowledge of decimal and metric system
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance
- Have a high mechanical aptitude with good math skills
- Experience operating CNC milling machines and CNC lathes
- Siemens 840D control experience a plus
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-driven
- Familiarity with Siemens Shopmill conversational programming a plus
- Completion of an accredited machining education program
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.