Business Unit: Building Products
Requisition Number: 245557
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Do you want to create products to build a more energy-efficient, sustainable, and comfortable world? As a Software Developer with Siemens Smart Infrastructure, you will collaborate across interdisciplinary teams to develop software products for the next generation of smart buildings.
- Design, implement, test, troubleshoot, and enhance software applications for building automation components and sub-systems.
- Develop and run automated tests for verifying sub-system application functionality.
- Collaborate with business partners to understand market requirements to implement product designs.
- Create and review technical documentation for internal process and external customer support.
- Review and understand software methodologies for product design and model documentation.
- Collaborate in international, multi-site development in an agile environment.
- Comply with documented Siemens development processes.
- Participate in design alternatives via prototyping, peer programming and expert reviews.
- Drive introduction of latest technologies based on keen self-motivation and passion to learn and constantly improve
- Participate in resolution of field problems in application of existing products.
- Strong knowledge of state-of-the-art-full-stack technologies
- Practitioner of state-of-the-art development practices for software documentation and test-driven designs.
- Strong focus to deliver quality in every work aspect, utilizing tools to monitor, analyze and enhance software code base.
- Hands-on experience with source code control and application lifecycle management systems (e.g. IBM Jazz RTC, Git).
- Proven experience applying and thorough understanding of software design patterns and principles.
- Practical experience with software design languages, models, and diagrams (e.g. UML).
- Basic understanding of agile development approaches
- Proven ability to work well in teams and on individual assignments.
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 2-5 years experience working in a large software organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.