Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 245569
Primary Location: United States-New York-Syracuse
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
• This office-based position is responsible for the design of building automation systems using company tools and operating protocols.
• Receives project specifications from sales team and designs building automation system and service installed jobs.
• Chooses the appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost effective solution.
• Prepares all required submittals and schedules subsequent hand-off to operations.
• Handles the ordering of all required products and equipment.
• Acts as a technical resource to team and customer as needed.
• Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
• May participate in initial job site walk through with contractors and/or building management.
• Independently designs building automation systems for standard and/or critical environment facilities such as data centers or laboratories.
• May need to create unique design solutions to meet specific customer requirements.
• Designs building automation systems for large and/or complex buildings consisting of mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations, valve and damper schedules, DDC panel layouts to meet the intent of the project plans, specifications and contract documents.
• Designs mainly large complex building automation network architecture to support operator workstations, DDC field panels, third-party integration devices connected through LON, Ethernet, Siemens P2 or BACNET.
• Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
• Generates DDC point database on all projects. Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager and system specialist for use in commissioning and validation.
• Prepares engineering re-estimate and follows up with appropriate sales and management to assure understanding of and satisfaction with job scope. Prepares specifications and drawings for special components and panels purchased from outside suppliers. Selects proper types and sizes of company products and outside suppliers to meet project requirements.
• Prepares all information on pre-installation extras or change orders to submit to customer or general/ subcontractor.
• Ensures the job folder is organized and maintained including all pertinent job related information.
• Orders and tracks all required products and materials for timely delivery on the job site. May perform some field activities as required.
• Associates degree in Electronics or other technical field or equivalent experience. Bachelors degree preferred. 1-3 years engineering /systems or other related experience. Strong knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations required.
• Proficiency in programming, job start-up, checkout, and troubleshooting required. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, MDT/CT, Navigator, time management tools and AutoCAD required. Good verbal and written communication skills. Able to design medium to large standard jobs with some deviation from standard tools, products or practices. 1-4 years engineering experience.
• Participates in semi-complex drawings to suit engineering changes and processes engineering change requests.
• Supports the creation of semi-complex design layouts and detail drawings of semi-complex products. Supports compiling materials and specification sheets. Participates in determining dimensions/specifications necessary on semi-complex drawing.
• Participates in semi-complex investigations related to product design and maintenance.
• Participates in reviewing semi-complex engineering drawings and supporting documents for adherence to drafting standards.
• Bachelor's Degree in Science, Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred. HS diploma or equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
• Demonstrates comprehensive working knowledge of a technical or specialty area, and of operations, methods, and practices. Generally, 2-5 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key
• Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
• Primarily intra-organizational contacts and limited external contacts.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.