Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 245610
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-Saint Louis
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
- Completes medium to complex projects while working with the project manager, engineers and other technicians
- Performs the programming and commissioning for complex to light fire alarm and security systems
- Able to read and follow complex engineering drawings and supporting documents in order to program and commission systems
- Performs installation of parts and components
- Provides expertise and knowledge throughout the system or service project lifecycle. Duties include: Start up and commissioning jobs or multiple projects requiring medium to complex tasks.
- Attends pre-booking meetings to gain knowledge of the sales estimate and project scope. Analyzes plans, specifications, and contract to determine system requirements.
- Works with contractors and owners to ensure installation meets the needs of the client and the contract.
- Assists in creation of system graphics. Troubleshoots possible issues including identifying and debugging software and ensures Siemens enterprise software is loaded and operates as intended.
- Provides on-site assistance with or performs the programming, start-up, checkout, commissioning and validation processes. Participates in job site final walk-through on assigned jobs, completes all job closeout documentation and provides customer training. Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed.
- Coordinates work with subcontractors on site.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- High School Diploma/GED
- Previous experience with Commercial Fire Alarms and Electronic Security Systems.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Associate's degree in Electronics or other related technical field preferred.
- NICET Level II or higher