Business Unit: United States
Requisition Number: 245643
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Tualatin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The “Turnkey Projects and Rail Electrification” (TPE) Business Unit of Siemens supplies electrical substation and overhead catenary equipment in the US and Canadian rail market . This Project Manager role manages Projects and coordinates inter-Business Units submittals for high visual projects in the Mobility and Rail Infrastructure business. If the company is the successful bidder to the client’s Request for Quotation (RFQ) the Project Manager will become involved in the contract negotiations and the subsequent management of the project as agreed between the client and Siemens.
- You will manage complex projects with full profit & loss responsibility.
- You will perform classic project management such as coordination with Engineering, Procurement, Scheduling and Quality personnel.
- You will closely interact with customers and suppliers to deliver the project within schedule and budget according to the contract and customer expectations. You will negotiate contract change orders and claims.
- You will be responsible for end of day activities such as avoidance of non-conforming costs as pertaining to parts and labor.
- You will work to make the schedule meet its target for completion, and also set and reset expectations of delivery with the client. You will identify any delays early in the process and escalate it within your project organization and to management.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in one of the following engineering curriculums: Civil, Electrical, Mechanical or Construction Management/Engineering.
- A minimum of 3-5 years in a related position with demonstrated success in estimating, Engineering and/or Project Management in excess of $5 Million USD per project.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification required with working knowledge of project management processes & tools
- Strong technical civil, mechanical and/or electrical background with skills and knowledge applicable to Electrification / Traction Power business.
- Demonstrable experience accomplishing tasks with only remote supervision or support with a proven history of problem solving and value engineering.
- About 20% travel required, visiting customers, suppliers or partners
We offer a competitive salary opportunity for the right candidate, as well as full life, health, vision and dental benefits. We offer paid time off, company holidays and floating holidays. We offer a matching 401K plan, employee stock ownership and tuition assistance.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States.