Business Unit: Service
Requisition Number: 245653
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable EnergyWith a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Safety Trainer Specialist
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy’s global reach opens new horizons for professional opportunities and growth, and our work has a bigger impact than ever on the ongoing transformation of the energy industry. Our wind power products and technologies are being used in more than 90 countries, across five continents, onshore and offshore. We currently have the following opening available for a Safety Trainer located in Orlando, Florida.
We are looking for a forward thinking, positive, and high performing team player to join the Wind Service Training Center. Our Safety Trainer is responsible for classroom and hands-on education for our employees and customers, both at the Training Center and in the field. The position is physically demanding but rewarding in helping technicians to perform their jobs safely all across the country.
- Teach multiple courses related to safety in wind turbine operations while maintaining the highest quality standards
- Support strategic projects in the department related to training and development
- Support the development of training by consulting with management and customers
- Evaluate effectiveness and suggest enhancements to current training programs
- Maintain tracking and storage of required training session documentation
- Travel to wind farms to conduct training and competence evaluations
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Pass a medical evaluation, able to climb via ladder to heights of 250 feet or greater multiple times a day while wearing 30 lbs of safety equipment, work in confined spaces, and weigh no more than 265 lbs due to limitations of safety equipment.
• Advanced presentation and communication skills
• Experience in curriculum development
• Self-motivated and directed
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
• Ability to recognize the impact of changing technology on customer needs and provide recommended solutions
• Understanding of instructional methodology
• Understanding of Instructional System Design, 6 laws of learning, Kirkpatrick’s 4 levels of evaluation, Bloom’s Taxonomy, methods for measuring training effectiveness and ROI
• BS/BA or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Possess US driver’s license and passport
• Travel amount varies (approximately 50%) and may be required on short notice
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Safety Professional or Adult Education degree
• Bilingual in English and Spanish or Portuguese
• Experience working in the Wind Energy or Power Generation industries
• OSHA training or exposure
• Experience working on Siemens Gamesa Wind Turbines
• Strong understanding of instructional methodology
• Strong understanding of Instructional System Design, 6 laws of learning, Kirkpatrick’s 4 levels of evaluation, Bloom’s Taxonomy, methods for measuring training effectiveness and ROI
• Experience leading projects, meeting deadlines, and working with various departments or stakeholders