Business Unit: Large Drives Applications
Requisition Number: 245657
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-New Kensington
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Process Industries and Drives Division helps manufacturers measurably increase productivity and improve time-to-market with our innovative, integrated technology and services. We support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
- Work closely with Program Managers and Operations to ensure all tasks for projects and products are completed on time, with quality and within budget.
- Drive product and process improvements, do root cause analysis and reduce costs.
- Perform managerial tasks such as goal setting, performance reviews, career development, approving expense reports, resource management, etc.
- Report to the Operations Engineering Manager and be part of a team of 50 Engineers, designers, and support personnel
- Directly supervise the activities of reporting Engineers and Design Technicians.
- Recruit employees; assign, direct, and evaluate their work; and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
- Develop and maintains detailed project schedules incorporating resource management and milestone deliverables of engineering activities.
- Takes overall project schedule management responsibility for all customer engineering projects, including coordination with all supporting functions including, but not limited to Application Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, Purchasing, IT, Sales, and marketing.
- Provides technical assistance to internal and external customers
- Assists in the resolution of quality and engineering errors.
- Plan and assess the feasibility of projects, forecasting timelines and resource needs.
- Works with internal and external customers in support of developing engineering specifications for product development needs.
- Review, negotiate and recommend or approve contracts and cost estimates related to engineering design projects.
- Take responsibility for developing, maintaining and managing departmental and development project spending budgets.
- Develop and implement procedures and policies for the engineering and technical work performed in the department including leading efforts for continuous improvement
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, tracking and maintenance of KPIs, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Leadership experience and demonstrated ability to manage a team, develop skill sets and mentor staff.
- 3+ years Operational and design experience with AC/DC drives and Industrial Control panels
- Must have general knowledge of industrial controls, including relay logic, etc. working in an engineering role.
- Must understand variable frequency drives and their applications
- Working knowledge of UL & IEC standards as related to Industrial Control Panels and Power Conversion Equipment
- Ability to train others in engineering tasks relating to variable frequency drives including preparation of schematics, Bills of Materials, identification and specification of project specific materials, special testing requirements, and applicable ISO procedures
- Demonstrates ability to influence and drive results
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with cross functional teams; superior leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and strong collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated strong process orientation and the ability to effectively manage process changes as necessary.
- Ability to travel up to 5%; may consist of both domestic and international travel
- Prior experience in interfacing with manufacturing facility
- Interpretation of drawings and specifications (US and IEC style drawings)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Experience with Siemens SINAMICS drive systems and applications
- Experience using SAP and TeamCenter
- Experience with UL508 & IEC61800-1-2
- Familiarity with Product Lifecycle Management Process
- Familiarity with CAD systems; AutoCad, NX or others