Business Unit: Large Drives Applications
Requisition Number: 245683
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-New Kensington
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
How can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. By joining our manufacturing team as an Electro-Mechanical Assembler you will work under close supervision to complete mechanical and electrical assemblies and sub-assemblies using hand tools, and electronic and pneumatic tooling. In this role you will report directly to the Manufacturing Supervisor as you perform assembly and sub -assemblies. Can you help us build a better tomorrow?
What are your responsibilities?
As an Electro-Mechanical Assembler you will be responsible to wire and assemble drives, sub-assemblies and various components in accordance with blue prints, wiring schematics and bills of material utilizing hand and power tools in a team environment. You will also be responsible to:
- Through component assembly – fit, align, drill, cut, and/or grind materials (i.e., metal, glastic). Lift and position products to precise location using overhead crane and other material handling devices (i.e., power jack, fork truck). Move/position product as required.
- Maintain safe, clean and orderly work area by utilizing 5S practices and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Review and follow all ISO procedures and work with Quality Assurance to meet internal and external customer expectations.
- Identify discrepancies and questionable conditions related to task and communicate to appropriate personnel.
- Actively participates in Lean initiatives.
- Assist less experienced associates.
- Work overtime as required.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Proficient use of basic hand and power tools required.
- Ability to perform responsibilities from Engineered drawings, blue prints, wiring schematics and bills of materials.
- Ability to climb to different heights and work at heights above waist level.
- Occasional heavy lifting up to 50 pounds may be required.
- Good written and oral communication skills required.
- Basic math and problem solving skills required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
What other skills/experience and/or education would assist you in this role?
- Associate degree in electrical or electronics preferred.
- Minimum of one year mechanical, electrical or related experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.