Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 245698
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Richmond
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
As a Field Fire Systems Specialist, you will perform semi-complex equipment installation; install control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays and panels, fastening in place with screws or bolts using hand tools and power tools.
Siemens provides training to help you learn and familiarize yourself with the company and the Siemens product line and role. Our Specialists create connections to various sensors and electrically powered devices; validate connections to power source and/or terminate wiring, mounting of parts and testing connections.
These tasks also include the performance of System Preparation & Design Coordination: works with engineering group to create and/or verify point database; participates in the creation of job specific programming via computer for various systems (controls, electronic security systems (ESS), fire systems, VESDA, mass notification); and in the creation and upload of point database, creates semi-complex graphics in the Central Processing Unit (CPU).
The Specialist will also conduct operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance: Runs semi-complex reports to analyze system operation, works with customer to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work (IE Commissioning Agents or test and balance contractors, others); participates in final inspection and testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations. Completes and submits routine written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· A.S. degree in Electronics or related field and experience in the installation and maintenance of Commercial Fire/Life Safety Systems.
· 2 to 5 years in the installation and maintenance of Fire Safety products.
· Strong customer service skills.
· Good verbal and written communications skills.
· Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
· Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
· Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States.
· Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.