Business Unit: Digital Services
Requisition Number: 245756
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Doctorate Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as an AI Scientist specializing in Neuro-imaging.
The Digital Technology and Innovation Team of Siemens Healthineers Technology Center has openings in Princeton, NJ for Senior Research Scientists with focus on Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence methods in Neuro-imaging and Analysis.
Our Princeton team, backed by the Siemens Healthineers global network, has a solid track record of rapidly translating our award-winning research into clinical products that are deployed globally. Our facility is recognized for providing a stimulating environment for highly talented and self-motivated candidates, and the resources needed to achieve impact on patients.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As AI Scientist, you will be responsible for:
• Research, design and implement disruptive algorithms for neuro-imaging and artificial intelligence
• Advance the state-of-the-art in the field, including generating patents and publications in top journals and conferences
• Work with customers to understand algorithm and workflow requirements and deliver prototype and product-ready solutions
• Leverage structural, functional, and diffusion neuro-imaging to solve diverse clinical challenges in emergency radiology, oncology, and chronic disease
• Deliver fast prototyping, feasibility studies, specification and implementation of medical imaging product components.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
• 5+ years of experience (including Ph.D. study) Expertise and Experience in Machine Learning, Applied Mathematics, Computer Vision fields
• Strong theoretical and practical background in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Statistical Pattern Recognition, Applied Mathematics, Medical Imaging
• Strong publication record in Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Medical Imaging
• Strong coding skills and ability to quickly prototype experiments with proven track record. Experience in python and deep learning libraries is required. Experience in C++ and CUDA is an asset
• Strong organization skills to coordinate experiments across multiple projects in parallel is required
• Outstanding collaboration, interpersonal and communication (verbal & written)
Drive and motivation for career development and open to taking on challenges
• Team player who can also be independent, prioritize work and thrives in a fast-paced dynamic environment
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers
If you wish to learn more about Siemens Healthineers before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.