Business Unit: Process Solutions
Requisition Number: 245842
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Solutions Operation Center in the United States is in forefront of a technological revolution.
Solutions Operation Center (SLN OC) is responsible for the implementation of large projects for the Marine, Mining, Fiber and Oil & Gas industries. We are currently looking for a Senior Project Manager to support our varied project portfolio. This vital role will support existing and new solution projects and guiding Siemens’ resources to execute complex project solutions that include Power Distribution, AC/DC Drives, and Automation, as well as meet customer satisfaction and business goals.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the successful execution of project goals, which include deliverables, cost, schedule, forecast, quality and for the life cycle of the project and across multiple projects. These goals would include using such metrics as profitability, labor utilization, risk identification/management and customer interfacing. This position is also responsible for the strategic business objectives of projects, contributing to the goals of SLN. Successful candidate must have a proven track record of profitable on-contract and portfolio growth. This project management position is both commercial and technical in nature and successful candidate is expected to lead multidisciplinary project solutions.
· The Sr. PM represents the company as the main point of contact for the customer, subcontractors and site trades. This includes communicating in a professional manner both verbally and in writing.
· Understand the contract deliverables and develop necessary schedule and plans for delivering them.
· Responsible for the project financials, including project billing schedule.
· Maintain project Change Orders and Request for Information Logs.
· Develop cohesive and effective project teams (typically 4 – 8 people) while working in a matrix organization. May have 3-5 projects running simultaneously.
· Support of project proposal efforts. This includes identifying deliverables and commercial issues by reviewing RFP / contract specifications, and working with the engineering team on a cost effective execution model.
· Identify project problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
· Manage, develop and coordinate customer requirements of complex systems and define integration requirements across multiple systems/processes.
· Direct the work of employees and/or subcontractors assigned to the project including from service, technical, finance, contract and administrative areas.
· Direct diagnostics with the ability to determine root cause and corrective actions.
· Develop and implement Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent required
- PMI PMP Certification required
- Minimum five years as a Project Manager in power infrastructure, drives/motors, process automation type projects.
- Siemens internal candidates are to be PM@Siemens SPM Certified
- Travel approximately 25% as required for projects.
- Must understand and be able to discuss project schedules. This includes being proficient in the use of MS Project.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word and Power Point
- Must be able to discuss project financials in detail
- Be able to discuss confrontational issues (ex. claims, delays, etc) with customer.
- Have a working knowledge of construction law.
- Willingness to relocate to Alpharetta, GA and travel domestically and abroad.
- SIEMENS and non-SIEMENS product/project experience for competitive and alternative views.
- Working knowledge of physics, mechanical and digital disciplines (automation, networks, software systems, etc.)
- Field service and/or Commissioning background a plus
- Experience in Electrical Engineering projects, specifically in the areas of power distribution and protection, drive systems and control systems.
- Understanding of variable frequency drives (AC & DC) and their applications
· Industry knowledge in Marine, Fiber, Minerals, Oil and Gas.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience