Business Unit: Process Solutions
Requisition Number: 245845
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-New Kensington
Other Locations: United States-Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 80%
Siemens Process Solutions is a trusted partner of choice for reliable, safe and environmentally-friendly solutions to our customers’ electrification, automation, safety and water management needs. We have decades of experience and expertise in markets and applications including minerals; onshore and offshore oil and gas; marine; fiber; water and wastewater treatment; and drive and automation. Join our team today!
"Are you ready to start your Industrial Field Service Engineering career and work for a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years?"
Siemens is in search of a Field Service Engineer with direct experience in servicing integrated industrial solutions with large MV/ LV Drive and Power Electronics technologies for the Paper industry.
The engineer who takes this position will travel to a customer's site and troubleshoot, test, maintain, and/or commission solutions using Siemens drives, motors, and industry technology portfolio to satisfy industrial customer requirements or solve problems. The engineer will coordinate with local engineering teams to recommend and deliver high quality technical solutions.
A successful engineer will have a strong educational and industrial background with a major focus in VFD, power and energy systems and extensive hands-on experience. A passion for the field and drive to learn and tackle new challenges is an absolute must. The experienced level engineer must be able to develop customer relationships, be accurate and detailed while working in a fast paced environment with multiple people, calls and projects demanding attention and time. Candidate must also have the willingness to travel extensively in the US and work the hours needed on industrial job sites to complete the tasks at hand.
- Diagnose customized drivetrain solutions.
- Fault find and commission paper mill machinery
- Learn the latest industrial solutions and new product developments within Siemens
- Must be proficient in planning workload and specific tasks and be able to achieve completion dates.
- Interface directly to customers to answer questions and resolve issues.
- Able to understand project-specific documentation (system and functional descriptions, test and commissioning procedures, etc.).
- Collaborate with CAD and designers to test, commission, troubleshoot, and/or update integrated system drawings.
- Mostly domestic with some international travel to other Siemens and customer facilities is required (up to approx. 80%).
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
- Education: BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Must have >5 years Paper or relevant industrial experience
- Drive/Motor System Solution Design, Service or Commissioning Experience
- Must be familiar with applicable North American and international codes and standards and OSHA, safety and lock-out / tag-out procedures
- Strong organization and excellent time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer background - both productivity and industrial software
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, And Experience
Additional experience in the following areas preferred:
- Automation, SCADA programming experience
- Power systems (e.g. Power System Analysis, Power system protection, Grid analysis)
- Paper production working experience
- Experience with Siemens drives, Automation and SIPaper solutions
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Candidate must have valid driver license.