Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 245891
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Hoffman Estates
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
Siemens Healthineers USA is one of the
largest global suppliers of healthcare equipment, renowned for innovative
products, services and solutions including diagnostic imaging systems, therapy
equipment for treatment and electro-medicine and IT solutions to optimize
workflow and increase efficiency in the healthcare industry.
We are working on novel technologies to develop next generation healthcare products and services. We invite you to join us and be an integral part of the team that designs and develops state of the art molecular imaging scanners, developing advanced image reconstruction and processing software.
Our Image Formation team at Hoffman Estates, IL is seeking an experienced Staff Software Engineer with excellent academic background and at least 5+ years of experience.
As a key member of the Image Formation team, you will be responsible for requirement analysis, detailed specification, design, implementation, documentation and test of software components for SPECT and SPECT/CT scanners. This includes functions such as data and resource management, and message and data exchange protocols. You will be working in collaboration with a cross-functional team involved in the development of SPECT software products.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Working with team members and partner teams to define the architecture and interfaces to achieve a scalable and flexible high-speed data acquisition SW platform
- Implementing frameworks for data and resource management, and for message and data exchange between image data acquisition and image formation components
- Designing and implementing robustness measures for the platform
- Defining and implementing automated test strategies for the platform
- Identifying and extracting commonalities across multiple image data acquisition platforms into a common framework
- Developing and implementing long-term sustaining strategies for the platform
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience in SW development processes like Agile, iterative development, test driven development
- Experience in defining SW architectures for high-performance systems, Commonality/Variability analysis, product-line engineering
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in international teams
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good collaboration skills with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Solid knowledge of design and development with C++, C#, Microsoft .Net, WCF and network protocols, MS Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server
Candidates must have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical or similar engineering fields and preferably 5+ years of experience in developing medical imaging software, architecting and designing high-performance batch and online image processing systems.