Business Unit: Low Voltage Products
Requisition Number: 245934
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Hingham
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Exciting opportunity @ Russelectric, Hingham, MA
The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer position oversees the development and implementation of manufacturing processes to maintain proper product functionality as well as cost efficiency. This role is responsible equipment development to support the manufacturing process; while leading the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure the quality standards are met, and the organization adheres to ISO standards.
Champions and advocate adherence to safety rules to protect self and others from injury throughout the operation. Plan, organize, implement and control the manufacturing process of the Value Stream assigned, ensuring the most effective utilization of all resources, high processing speed, quality, and consistency.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
· Provide management with production cycle times, labor requirements and other related costs to support business decisions
· Partner with engineering and production personnel to resolve design challenges related to material characteristics, dimensional tolerances, service requirements, manufacturing procedures and cost
· Initiate plans and processes to minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, material and capital
· Analyze audit direct labor hours, applied by process or product to ensure efficiencies are up to standards
· Improve processes and recommend course of action to reduce “touch time”, while increasing efficiency
· Analyze rework through root cause analysis and implement preventative corrective action
· Lead Continuous Improvement teams through Kaizen events
· Plan and recommends VA/VE cost reduction opportunities
· Leads mid to high level manufacturing projects, providing direction, guidance and engineering expertise to team members
· Attend project meetings, oversee manufacturing team to develop and maintain manufacturing action plans for new tooling, equipment, and production scheduling needs
· Coordinate project builds with planning and production, follow up actions, including but not limited to Engineering and commercial teams
· Create collaborative project communication channels with Engineering, Manufacturing, Production, Scheduling, commercial team and Leadership Team
· Develop and maintain Gantt Charts, Project Schedule, Risk Assessment, and Contingency Plans
· Develop action plans, project metrics, and then measure and report progress of improvements on an ongoing basis.
· Delivers formal presentations to leadership regarding project status
· Develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods and work methods
· Develops and documents standard processes and procedures
· Analyzes and plans space requirements, workflow, and design layout of equipment and workplace for maximum efficiency
· Meet with planning and design personnel concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods and provide technical information and direction
· Ensure product standards and policies meet and exceeds ISO standards
· Develop and maintains Metrics (KPI), CA and action plans
· Encourage and facilitate the incorporation of Lean objectives and processes
· Implement manufacturing strategies and actions that support the orgnaization’s Lean and continuous improvement initiatives
· Work effectively with all other departments to meet deadlines, objectives and ship dates
· Meets with team members periodically to review SQDC (Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost) boards and CONC Metrics
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
2. 10+ years in an engineering discipline in a design and MTO capital equipment environment.
3. Experience working in a highly engineered product line in a Lean Mfg. environment.
4. Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions by leveraging data trending.
5. Practical knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement process. Familiarity to Six-Sigma methodology is desirable.
6. Demonstrated capability to analyze data and trends and developing action plans.
7. Demonstrated knowledge with industry standards, technical drawings, and manufacturing procedures.
8. Proficient in Microsoft Office suites.
9. Able to input data and retrieve information from an ERP system.
10. Attention to detail and accuracy in data, work package and schedules.
11. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
12. Successful track record of demonstrated leadership abilties, and resolving conflict that promotes positive collaboration.
13. Good organizational skills, able to establish priorities and complete a high volume of work to specific deadlines.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.