Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 245944
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for a Field Service Technician to support our Security Solutions group in the Southern California. Reporting to the Security Solutions Technician Supervisor, the Security Technician manages and executes multiple, smaller projects from pre-booking to customer acceptance. He or she supervises, directs, and motivates the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover, and warranty of assigned projects.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Provides technical support, installation, and project management for projects in assigned portfolio.
- Attends pre-booking meetings to gain knowledge of the sales estimate and project scope.
- Analyzes available plans, specifications, and customer contract to determine system requirements
- Selects products, sizes, types, and location placement to ensure products meet customer requirements.
- Troubleshoots possible issues including identifying and debugging software, electrical installation, or other problems.
- Provides on-site assistance with or performs the programming, start-up, checkout, and commissioning for assigned projects.
- Participates in job site final walk-through and service team turnover for all assigned projects.
- Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed.
- May coordinate scopes of work with subcontractors as needed
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required travel: 10%
Required experience: Demonstrable electrical aptitude based experience or schooling that will allow the hired candidate to be successful in this role.
- Other requirements:
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, including mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Must be able to provide leadership and input to others as requested or required to assist in the accurate estimation, design, installation, start up, commissioning, and training for building systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Must have strong verbal and written skills in English.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing and be 21 years old to participate in the required Siemens Vehicle Program.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without needing current or future sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Preferred education: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred experience: Experience experience in the installation and maintenance of commercial security systems (access control, video monitoring, etc.)
- Other preferences:
Proficiency in C•CURE 9000, exacqVision, Genetec, Lenel, or other security systems is preferred.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.