Business Unit: Building Products
Requisition Number: 245985
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Are you ready to be part of a team of highly motivated and talented building technology engineers, building products and applications that will help to efficiently operate buildings, reduce energy consumption and provide information to proactively service building equipment?
Working in the city as mid-level Software Engineer at Siemens Building Technologies, you will collaborate on our flagship Desigo CC product line and participate within interdisciplinary teams and with our global partners. Within our dynamic open office environment, you will contribute to the enhancement and creation of products and applications for the commercial building market. You will be responsible for ensuring that the quality meets or exceeds the defined requirements. This position has the opportunity to work in development areas which includes: workstation development, web interfaces, and interface with embedded devices. This position will report on component status and quality to Sr. Level Engineers and Project Leads. There are growth opportunities within our team structure, a leadership direction, and an ongoing mission to learn many of the newest technologies.
Primary Responsibilities include:
· To design, develop and deliver high quality components and features for designs on component level solutions via design and requirement / specifications. You should have the ability to gather and interpret data in areas that are more complex and less clearly defined.
· Collaborate in reviews of internal development and documentation of your peers including functional and design specifications, code, test plans, and other relevant components.
· Contributes to professional development environment by adhering to development standards in the development of system components.
· Ensure rigorous standards by designing and executing component unit tests and following code quality aspects including but not limited to SOLID and clean code principles.
· Contributes to the continuous integration and development builds via the configuration environment.
· Communicates with internal and external customers to understand the needs and provide the proper solution.
· Develops understanding of corporate product line and technologies by gaining knowledge of product functionality and end-user operations.
· Provide technical support to resolve technical issues as seen at customer sites. Reports and investigates defects discovered by providing clear descriptions of causal scenarios and impact on product's quality and performance.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor or Graduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 3+ years of experience.
· Skilled in WPF, Bootstrap, Jasmine.
· Can work in an open environment and has skills with agile development approaches.
· Collaborates well in teams and can work on individual assignments.
· Skilled in Lean / Agile / SAFe processes.
· Passionate and self-motivated to learn and keen to constantly improve, develop new skills, and stay current with technology.
· Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Can work in an open and energized environment.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Knowledge and demonstrated application of well-recognized software design patterns.
· User Experience (UX) design and interaction evaluation.
· Has knowledge or experience in the HVAC or related industry.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.