Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 245998
Primary Location: United States-New York-Painted Post
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
How can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our manufacturing team as a Machinist in our Painted Post, NY facility. In this position you will plan, layout and perform all machine operations on both conventional and non conventional machines to construct, alter, and finish a variety of part families. You will set tools and make all adjustments required on tooling, both standard and preset, changing presetting when necessary. You will become a member of the local collective bargaining unit upon hire where you will be assigned to work on 2nd shift
What are your responsibilities?
- Produce parts from prints, samples, sketches, or drawings and check work.
- Produce and inspect parts with tolerances to .001”, and occasionally as close as .0005”.
- Maintain an orderly work space along with mopping and cleaning of machine tools.
- Read blueprints in order to perform inspections.
- Operate air tools for fit-up, operate walk behind, tow motor, jib crane.
- Maintain all heat numbers of parts and or follow all quality requirements on the material being machined.
- Inspect parts to drawings and specifications for attributes such as dimensional accuracy, surface finish, alignment, clearance, workmanship and quality appearance.
- Setup and operate a wide variety of precision measuring instruments including, but not limited to micrometers, calipers, protractors, indicators, hardness testers, standard and special gauges.
- Fill out daily inspection logs, QAF forms and all other required documents pertaining to the job.
- Adhere to all safety protocols including the wearing of all appropriate PPE for each task assigned.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Associate’s Degree in Machining Technology and/or a minimum of 3 years of direct machining experience w/ a high school diploma or GED
- Ability to lift 25lbs safely
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, divide and convert all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.