Business Unit: Low Voltage Products
Requisition Number: 246005
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Littleton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is looking for a Inside Sales Engineer to support sales engineers and customers in the states of CO, UT, WY, ID and MT. This person will report to the Area Sales Manager and have no direct reports. The position is located in our Littleton, CO office. Presence in the office on a daily basis is required.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
The ideal candidate would have the desire and capability to eventually move into a sales position:
• Prospecting, developing and expanding new business.
• Potential for local key account responsibility for a select number of accounts in a focused market
• Ability to manage, develop and expand customer relationships.
Job Market Responsibilities include:
- Support the regional outside sales effort in the construction market.
- Potential for local key account responsibility for a select number of small accounts in the focused markets.
-Supporting Order Entry and Handover process responsibilities.
-Developing internal process improvements in sales cycle.
-Managing, developing, and expanding customer relationships.
-Post sale order management / change order management.
-Technical liaison between customer and business unit.
-Prospecting, developing, and expanding new business.
-Assist Sales Engineers with project proposal preparation.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
-Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, or related) or related technical Bachelor’s Degree . A Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing will also be considered.
- 2-5 years of sales experience in Power Distribution preferred but not required.
- Ability to effectively work with a wide range of customers, both internal and external.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications shows the discipline and willingness to work with our proprietary web-based enterprise systems.
- Must be willing and available to travel for company training, business unit meetings and territory support, 5% travel.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and capability to promote new ideas and products.
- Analytical thinking combined with conceptual and organizational abilities.
- Team oriented personality who has the ability to work well by themselves or on a team in an international environment.
- Proactive at executing daily tasks and achieving long-term goals.
- Passionate commitment to the company vision.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Contractor/Distributor work experience.
- Knowledge of Low Voltage and Medium power distribution product line.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary.
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development .
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.