Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 246029
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
The Region North America (RNA) Financial Analyst will support all aspects of the GP SDO organization, which includes multiple Service Centers, Field Service, LTPs, Mods/Ups, and Parts. This position will be integral in the forecasting, consolidation and reporting of key financials for the region with Orders/Sales approximating $1B.
- Responsible for the consolidation of budget, forecast and actual data/analysis for multiple sub-regions/sites within the US and Canada.
- Identify, create and implement best practices, benchmarking, processes, policies and procedures to achieve strategic alignment and standardization across the US Finance Organization as it relates to budgeting, forecasting and actuals.
- Tactical management of business data in sub-regions/sites to support management needs and ad-hoc reporting.
- Responsible for the tactical execution of financial planning, reporting, forecasting, and management of risks and opportunities.
- Partner with cross functional management team on cost savings projects, track the actual cost savings to ensure savings targets are realized.
- Partner with cross functional management teams to develop/deploy modeling and data collection tools to streamline business processes.
- Provide ad-hoc financial and economic analysis as required. Key contact for the region for corporate reporting and ad-hoc requirements.
- Provide support for Business Development team as required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of overall Finance experience
- Ability to interact with Finance, Engineering, Field Service and management level employees
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Experience with integrated accounting systems such as Oracle, SAP, etc.
- Travel within the Region on occasion to visit sites is required
- Must be able to be a bridge between Operations/Finance needs and IT capabilities
- Proficiency in Finance and Accounting systems and Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- MBA in Finance or other similar advanced degree, and attained professional certification of CPA or CMA
- Experience with FOCUS, Alteryx, and Tableau
- Familiarity with programming language or coding (e.g. VBA)
- Secondary degree in Information Systems, Programming or other similar degree
- Knowledge of Finance, Accounting, budgeting and costs control principles including IFRS, internal policies and procedures, and internal control frameworks
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality and accurate materials within tight timeframes/deadlines and simultaneously manage several projects
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.