Business Unit: Service Power Generation
Requisition Number: 246048
Primary Location: United States-Oklahoma-Pryor
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
Many processes at Siemens would not run as they should without our Support departments. Which is why we are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, or questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology. Around the world.
Under the general direction of the Headquarters O&M Project Manager and in coordination with the O&M Services Contract, you will act as the highest level of authority on-site for the Maintenance and Operations Departments. You will be responsible for adhering to the Zero Harm values to comply with all safety and environmental requirements, overseeing the maintenance and operations departments for optima plant reliability including but not limited to all regulations, procedures, administrative and budget issues and maintaining a positive client relationship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for management of plant personnel including assisting in recruiting/selection
process of candidates for employment. Plans, directs and supervises operation and
maintenance of plant and ensures proper training, licensing and qualifications are met
according to company, local and federal regulations.
2. Writes, reviews and revises plant and related procedures. Ensures procedural compliance in the conduct of plant operations, maintenance and personnel administration. Investigates plant problems, incidents, accidents and unusual events and provides analysis, recommendations reports and appropriate follow-up plans.
3. Plans, directs and supervises routine preventive and predictive maintenance on all systems and equipment; supports corrective maintenance efforts on selected equipment. Reviews maintenance backlog and provides priorities to maintenance supervisor. Plans, directs and performs housekeeping duties. Establish and maintain housekeeping standards. Ensures all in-plant switching and tagging of equipment in accordance with approved procedures and prudent operations and maintenance practices. Maintains complete and accurate reports of downtime, outages, repair requirements and production and performance indices.
4. Oversee testing of plant systems and components. Review data based on established standards and/or sound power plant practices. Conducts routine tours of the plant to inspect equipment; provide direction, supervision and feedback to employees; and ensures that all safety rules and plant procedures are followed. Review incident reports for equipment malfunctions/employee accidents.
5. Communicates with other Company and Client personnel on-site and at other locations. Represents the Company in dealing with the public, steam and power customers, vendors, contractors, regulators and other non-Company personnel.
6. Responsible for the Environmental, Health and Safety programs and compliance will all permits and plans. These include air and water permits, NERC compliance, hazardous material handling and storage.
7. Responsible for the training and development of plant staff.
8. Responsible for plant logs, records and data sheets; prepares and reviews reports and other work orders and other administrative documents related to plant’s power and steam production.
9. Prepares plant reports as necessary and in a timely manner; responsible for investigation of all forced outages.
10. Responsible for developing annual O&M plant budget, approving expenditures, monitoring monthly billing expenses and responding to client budget related questions.
11. Assists in developing, monitors and ensures established plant O&M goals are achieved.
12. Reviews and provides operational inputs to maintenance and engineering projects.
13. Promotes the company’s highest value, HSE, through actions and conduct.
14. Follows all company policies and expectations and behaves in a manner that promotes the Company’s values and positively effects morale.
15. Manages all subordinates and ensures they are trained, effective, compliant, and upholding expectations of the company.
16. In conjunction with site and corporate labor relations, manages the union contract and
1. High school diploma or equivalent required with 7-10 years operational management experience in a power plant environment. Higher educational degree preferred.
2. Minimum of 7 years management experience in a power plant environment. Unionized labor experience a plus
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills; active listener and encourages diversity in opinions; optimizes and promotes understanding of ideas among work departments for overall plant efficiency.
4. Excellent leadership skills and demonstrates accountability for business successes and challenges; ability to make tough decisions and is results driven.
5. Proven ability to influence and maintain positive working relationships.
6. Strong mathematical aptitude; proven experience in establishing, monitoring and adherence with multi-million-dollar budgets.
7. Excellent problem-solving and project management/planning skills. Understands full scope of issues; sets objectives and meets deadlines.
9. Knowledgeable of and promotes highest standards of safety and environmental compliance.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years