Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 246096
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Mount Prospect
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs technical support programs (TSP) / service agreement tasks and scheduled assignments to ensure that automation system is properly maintained and operating correctly.
- Handles emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours.
- Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved and checks and tests systems components. Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action and repairs system.
- Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to TSP / service agreement contracts.
- Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
- Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time & material work, system upgrades and service contact expansion. Prices, proposes and proceeds with new work as per issued guidelines.
- Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting and installation instructions.
- Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
- May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required. Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
- Completes and submits timesheets and other necessary information weekly. If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
- Works with other branch, company or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem.
- Conducts training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch.
- Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- High School completion. Associate's degree in Electronics or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1-3 years engineer/service experience or 2 yrs Service Trainee experience.
- Knowledge of automation systems, HVAC, electrical concepts, and building operations preferred.
- Working engineering and programming background preferred.
- Skilled in programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel. Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.