Business Unit: Service Power Generation
Requisition Number: 246171
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Denver
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 80%
Project Manager / Field Service Engineer for Steam Turbine and Combined Cycle Plant Outage Maintenance
Are you looking for your next dynamic opportunity? In this hands-on role, you will travel to Siemens customer power plants though out US and abroad to perform maintenance, repair, and modification of large steam and gas turbine generators and related equipment. You will report directly to our Denver District Service Manager and have a high degree of customer interface.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed.
Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we would like to meet you.
• Supervision of mechanical maintenance crews ranging in size from 1 to 30 persons disassembling, inspecting, repairing, and reassembling large steam/gas turbine generators.
• Leads job site safety programs and performs complex site surveys to develop maintenance plans.
• Adherence to safe work practices for outage team and promoter of Human Performance on Job Sites.
• Leads job site quality program in all stages of outage scopes.
• Completes and submits detailed reports covering all job activity.
• May be required to complete the planning and estimating of resources and durations required for specific scopes of work for customer proposals.
• Performs the review of complex task plans, drawings, and installation schematics and provides continual mentorship throughout task duration.
• Lead and direct specialty personnel and subcontractors to perform specific maintenance related tasks and serve is the primary Siemens jobsite contact.
• Primary point of communication between Customer and Backoffice support during outage scopes.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology or
• Associate of Science Degree with an accumulation of 4 years of equivalent experience (similar heavy industry) or
• Non-degreed individuals who can demonstrate a minimum of 4 years equivalent experience
• Familiarity of Turbine Maintenance Tooling / Equipment.
• Knowledge of Steam Turbine and Combustion Turbines, Generators, and their Auxiliary Systems.
• Team oriented / Team player in project execution from cradle to grave.
• Excellent communication skills for internal / external customers
• Familiarity with Precision measuring equipment and their use.
• Strong Troubleshooting / Problem Solving abilities
• Attention to Detail in all phases of projects
• Self-starter / Self-motivated.
• Customer satisfaction driven / Customer focused.
• Strong computer skills; Outlook, Word, Excel, Scheduling (Primavera)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience in the general maintenance of large gas turbines, steam turbines, generators and associated equipment.
• Experience leading safety programs, performing maintenance on large turbine generators or in a similar industrial environment with risks and hazards that require the use of practices and procedures intended to keep personnel safe and maintain a safe work environment. This includes but is not limited to use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and pre-job briefs or risk assessments.
• Experience working with union labor
• Experience working to and updating complex schedules. Familiarity with related software such as Primavera and/or Microsoft Project.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual assignments are typically 2 to 6 weeks in duration. When on assignment, working schedules are typically 10-12 hours per day, 6-7 days per week, day or night shift. Ability to travel ~ 80%
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.