Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 246174
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Knoxville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
We write software for Molecular Imaging devices and are looking for people who get excited about building solutions that impact healthcare across the globe. Our PET/CT scanners are sophisticated products built on many disciplines including computer science, physics, information technology, hardware, algorithms and much more.
This position is with the user console team and will directly contribute to an award winning user experience for our customers all around the world. The console team is led by a hands-on manager and is one of three software groups in the department, which also includes a team of test engineers, configuration management and project management functions. If you are in the smart, passionate and “gets things done” category and are looking to take your software career to the next level, this could be your opportunity!
Our Development Environment
Our technology stack is Microsoft focused, mostly C#, and we use Visual Studio 2013/2017. Our front end applications are developed using WPF.
• Work within the team to write, test, debug and peer review code for the console on a PET/CT system
• Create and review technical documentation
• Collaborate with test engineers to design and implement software tests
• Demonstrate your working code to stakeholders
• Interface with internal partners including systems engineering, product management, project management and hardware
• Interface with external business partners including those in Germany, China and India
• Provide technical leadership through code reviews, engage in discussions and voice your sound technical opinions to others
• Mentor junior software developers
• Minimal travel (training, conferences, etc.…)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
For this position your demonstrable skills, experience, passion and attitude are the key ingredients to getting our attention.
• Expert knowledge of at least one object oriented programming language (especially C#) with the ability to pick up new languages and technologies quickly
• Knowledge of system and software development best practices and methodologies
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field with 5+ with years of professional software development experience.
• MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field with 3+ with years of professional software development experience.
• Strong Unit and Integration Testing techniques
• Experience with source control management and continuous integration (TFS, Git)
• Experience with Scrum/ Agile Development, and Extreme Programming methodologies including Test Driven Development
• A genuine passion for software development demonstrated through significant past projects
• Interest in Medical Device software
• Initiative to find out what PET/CT systems are and self-learn about them
• Strong leadership, listening, interpersonal and organizational skills
• High degree of professionalism and self-motivation
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• In depth knowledge of C#/.Net, WPF, WCF, Web Services, MVC, MVVM, Patterns/OO Design
• Strong understanding of software design and architecture
• Good working knowledge of SOLID principles, Messaging infrastructures, Asynchronous communications and Multi-threaded application development
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field with 7+ with years of professional Software Development experience.
• MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field with 5+ with years of professional Software Development experience.
• 3-5+ years of professional programming experience with C#/.NET
• Experience in front-end development using WPF/XAML
• Experience working in a regulated environment FDA or other
• Experience with Healthcare informatics standards HL7, PACS, DICOM
• Experience with any of the following:
• Elevate products, process, and people around you to a level way better than you found them.
• Propagate one team attitude when interfacing with internal and external partners
• Capable of professionally resolving team issues/conflicts.
• Strong and positive commitment to Customers, Company, Team and Self.