Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 246234
Primary Location: United States--
Other Locations: United States-Texas-, United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 80%
In this Field Service Representative (FSR) role the incumbent will be responsible for performing various facets involving the installation, commissioning, and servicing of the company’s nameplate Reciprocating Compressors, Gas Engines, and other rotating machinery. The position is the primary source of technical information and services at our customer sites. The FSR serves as the link between our customers and the rest of the company including but not limited to management, sales and technical support. Our FSR’s maintain the highest levels of professionalism and premier service attitude. This role is focused on reciprocating compressors but ability to cross train and utilization in related product families is expected.
The FSR is technically responsible for all technical facets of the company’s commissioning scope of work during equipment installation and subsequent outages.
- Provide technical direction during the installation, commissioning, and overhaul of compressor packages and related equipment
- Verify OEM installation instruction and readings e.g., baseplate levelness, alignment.
- Interpret P&ID & dimensional drawings
- Understanding of basic controls
- Troubleshoot and startup of equipment
- Perform Root Cause Analysis if necessary
- Communicate progress, schedules, and open items with client
- Prepare detailed technical reports
- Interact with different levels of customer and Siemens organizations to report progress, resolve issues, and identify potential services to be offered based on customer needs.
- Maintain the highest level of a zero-harm culture in part by following and enforcing all company and customer ESH policies and programs.
- Perform complex troubleshooting as required on machinery and ancillary systems. Ability to articulate findings to engineering to resolve issues.
- Travel for extended periods of time, (up to 60 days) both domestic and international as assigned. Must carry valid passport, be able to pass both required background checks and required drug and alcohol testing. International assignments are likely to include travel to developing countries.
- Able to perform duties on day or night shift under difficult conditions, heat, cold, noise, etc. Able to work weekends and holidays.
- Physical ability to climb ladders work around machinery and evacuate work area in the event of an emergency. Ability to stand for extended periods and walk long distances is required.
- This position does not require residence in a specific location but does require close proximity to commercial airport with reasonable connections.
- A (2) year associates degree or qualified by experience.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of directly related experience.
- Basic understanding of instrumentation and control systems
- Advanced proficiency in precision measurement techniques
- Fluent use of standard office software and use of standard portal-based systems to report time, expenses, and service reports.
- Possession or ability to possess a TWIC card, passport, etc.
- Ability to complete offshore survival and firefighting course.
- Excellent and professional communication skills both written and oral. This includes the ability to hold difficult discussions with customers to protect company interests.
- Basic commercial knowledge to understand contract deliverables and identify items or work that falls outside these boundaries so additional funding from the customer can be pursued.
- Must hold valid driver’s license.
- Previous training / certification on Siemens or Dresser Rand products.
- Fluency in a second language.
- Previous sales / client facing experience
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.