Business Unit: Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 246245
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
The Head of Technology and Systems (PTS) is an industry-recognized thought leader in the technology space. This role leads a global team of highly qualified experts in the journey of constant innovation and creativity to create profitable competitive advantages that address the technology needs of the markets we serve, today and tomorrow.
PTS achieves this by developing with a high-performance team new, disruptive technology solutions that meet or exceed our customer’s expectation of value, cost and time to market as well as the business’ profitability targets for our portfolio.
This role will report into the Head of Technology and Innovation- Siemens Oil & Gas Business and will be based in Houston, Texas.
Driven by a clear customer focus – value, cost and time to market – PTS will actively search and drive development of advanced, innovative technologies with different profiles or cost geometries that enables the profitable growth of our business
Through active coaching, mentoring, training and visible leadership, creates and maintains a work environment and organizational culture.
Works closely with the Heads of Portfolio Management and Product Development to
Develop the company’s annual strategic portfolio plan, including specific programs and budgets
Ensure strategies and development plans are meeting cost, schedule and performance targets
Optimize resource allocation within the Technology and Innovation (TI) organization
Leads and manages all aspects of the technology portfolio and intellectual property
Evaluates technically feasibility of emerging technologies, proposes technology development or acquisition strategies for TI
Enforce technical compliance with established risk management procedures
Technical support on-demand to Operations and Services; leads Root Cause Analyses as required
Ensures the technology organization timely supports the client facing organization by providing technology solutions and risk mitigation plans as needed to secure orders
Develop new and expand current senior level relationships with clients, partners around the globe
Initiates, represents the O&G business and ensures coordination of strategically relevant partnerships in technology development for the O&G business (i.e. with universities, technology institutions and agencies, industry groups, innovation groups, joint ventures, etc.)
Engage with senior technical client executives when necessary to promote our technology
As a key leadership team member of the Technology & Innovation executive VP, actively participates in the setting of the functional strategic direction and initiatives
Develops the short- and long-range Strategic Technology Roadmaps that support our new product development roadmaps
Integrates digital technologies in work process as well as in products to enhance reliability, data collection, data analytics, etc.
Follows client technology needs and competitor activities, initiates actions accordingly
• All product lines: centrifugal in-line compressors, integrally geared compressors, axial compressors, process reciprocating compressors, high speed compressors, auxiliary systems, HydroAir turbines, aero-derivative and industrial gas turbine packaging, KG-2 gas turbine, etc.
• Supports on an as-needed basis legacy product lines that have been transferred to the Services organization (e.g., screw compressors, FCC hot gas expanders, nitric acid expanders, overhung volute compressors, etc.)
• All system solutions and new technology developments
• Total business TI budget of approximately 50 MM Euros that includes both product development programs (which includes core tech support) as well as technology development
• A staff of approximately 80 people, based primarily in Duisburg (Germany), Olean and Seattle (USA)
• Up to 50% travel is expected (minimum 30% would be international)
• Master in Science, Doctoral (preferred) or equivalent degree in engineering, preferably in the areas of mechanical engineering, fluids, aerothermal sciences
• Knowledge of aerodynamics, rotor dynamics, solid mechanics, acoustics, fluid dynamics and materials as applied to rotating machinery strongly desirable
• A minimum of 10+ years of demonstrated experience leading global, multi-cultural technology organizations, with a demonstrated record of innovation, successful R&D incorporated in new products and technologies
• Visibility and recognition through leading or active participation in industry technology and innovation groups, as well as through publications in recognized industry journals
• Familiarity with the oil & gas industry and engineered gas turbines, steam turbines, turbo compressors, and/or reciprocating compressors used in it is preferred, but not mandatoryHead of Technology and Systems