Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 246263
Primary Location: United States-California-Cypress
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is seeking a Commissioning Engineer for security systems to join our team in Cypress CA. The Commissioning Engineer reviews system designs and verifies start-up functions on selected security systems based on project plans, specifications, contract documents, and customer requirements.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
Independently lead and manage building commissioning projects from award to close-out and turnover to Siemens service organization.
Partner with Siemens engineering team to review design documents, drawings, and specifications of security controls system sequences and equipment submittals.
Clarify and improve system controls sequences through review and meetings with Siemens colleagues and customers.
Generate pre-functional checklists and perform pre-functional checks of installed equipment.
Perform construction site visits to identify and document discrepancies while providing visit reports summarizing each visit through all project phases.
Write system-specific functional performance test scripts from design control sequences.
Lead and complete functional performance testing with Siemens technical workforce.
Perform, document, and troubleshoot integrated system tests.
Generate and maintain Commissioning Issues Reports with a focus on expediting issue resolution.
Verify equipment and system start-up work while providing supporting documentation.
Demonstrate exceptional communication skills in all situations by being a proficient writer who can concisely communicate and manage information throughout all phases of a project.
Demonstrate exceptional project management skills by providing clear, transparent, and regular updates on project statuses.
Coordinate commissioning activities into a master schedule.
Perform and collaborate with hands-on troubleshooting of low voltage and physical security systems including access control, intrusion, video surveillance, video analytics, and public address systems.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience: Construction project management experience with mechanical, electrical, and security systems--including design, controls systems integration and implementation, troubleshooting, testing, adjusting, balancing, and facility operations.
- Required travel: 10%
- Other requirements:
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States, and will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree
- Other preferences:
- Professional Engineer license
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions, and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.