Business Unit: Low Voltage Products
Requisition Number: 246274
Primary Location: United States-California-Pomona
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Industry is looking for an Electrical Test Engineer for their Pomona, CA manufacturing facility. This person will perform electrical testing on power distribution products of 600V or less. Our facility is growing and looking to add a talented test engineer to expand our capacity and capabilities. This position is critical for maintaining quality of highly custom and complex products. The role will report to the engineering manager and will have no direct reports.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Pomona factory utilizes lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- Test and Inspect Low Voltage Switchboards and Panelboards to applicable standards
- Use multi meter and electrical theory to verify power readings and circuit design to ensure proper wiring and operation.
- Use Hipot, test cart, hand tools and various other tools to aid in testing.
- Use specialized software for testing/inspecting when required (i.e. Siemens WinPM, Step 7, MicroWin, WinCC Flexible,SAP, etc).
- Perform inspections/audits of electromechanical assemblies
- Maintain and input records or reports related to testing/inspecting activities
- Assist in training other engineers and employees as required.
- Participate in best practice sharing with other facilities.
- Maintain and improve test procedures and documentation.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.