Business Unit: Low Voltage Products
Requisition Number: 246275
Primary Location: United States-California-Pomona
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Industry is looking for an Electrical Engineer for their Pomona, CA manufacturing facility. This person will have a key role in the growth of the engineering department and overall facility. Our facility is growing and looking to add a talented electrical engineer to expand our capabilities. This person will review specifications, create wiring schematics, bills of materials and equipment layouts for power distribution equipment. The role will report to the engineering manager and will have no direct reports.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Pomona factory utilizes lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- Review customer technical specifications and verify the Siemens solution meets the customer requirements.
- Work independently and/or with a team to create required customer documentation, typically including electrical schematics, bills of materials, and equipment layouts.
- Utilize an electrical CAD software package to create electrical schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Drive the improvement in current electrical design and wiring practices within the facility.
- Provide factory support during the manufacture of your projects.
- Position requires the ability to successfully interact with application engineering, R&D, sales, customer, and manufacturing production personnel.
- Assist in training other engineers and employees as required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
1. BS degree in Electrical Engineering.
2. Experience in a fast-paced production engineering environment.
3. Experience creating electrical schematics.
4. Strong work ethic with a focus on exceeding customer expectations.
5. Effective verbal, written and presentation skills and capability to promote new ideas and products.
6. Analytical thinking combined with conceptual and organizational abilities.
7. Team oriented personality who has the ability to work well by themselves or on a team in an international environment.
8. Proactive at executing daily tasks and achieving long-term goals.
9. Passionate commitment to the company vision.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
1.Experience with Switchgear/Switchboard products and PLC’s.
2. Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
3. Working knowledge of electrical schematic tools like Engineering Base or Promise E.
4. Experience with Visual Basic programming or other similar languages.
5. Experience with an ERP system, preferably SAP.
6. Proven track record of innovative thinking and process improvement.
7. Lean manufacturing or Six Sigma.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary.
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.