Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 246282
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Position Title: IoT Business Development Manager
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently searching for an experienced Business Development professional to lead business development and sales activities for the New York metro market. This individual will develop and deliver Smart Building IoT sales solutions and services targeting existing Siemens customers in addition to developing new customers. This exciting new role promotes the Enlighted Building IoT solution that leverages its smart sensor technology and robust data analytic platform. In addition to the Enlighted solution, added software applications will be sold to the building owner as a value-added service (SaaS). This IoT Business Development Manager will be based out of our Florham Park, NJ location and report to the Automation Sales Manager
• Collaborate with Siemens branch account executives to develop Smart Building opportunities within the existing Siemens customer base
• Educate and promote the Enlighted IoT platform within the
commercial construction market that includes, Architects, Engineers, General
Contractors, Developers, Property Managers and Building Owners
• Identify, reach, and engage key decision makers and influencers through social media, networking, personal connections, client references, and industry events
• Develop a healthy sales pipeline by converting warm leads into well-qualified opportunities
• Supports local sales management with strategic planning and forecasting. Research, develop and maintain competitive information resources.
• Minimum 5 years of combined inside and outside sales experience, selling SaaS, enterprise software, real estate technology or building controls technology to senior executives and technical buyers at Fortune 500 companies
• Bachelor’s degree necessary, extra points for an MBA, or equivalent experience
Confident and comfortable in a variety of roles, ranging from
“social seller” to “consultative sales professional” to “challenger,” and use
your emotional intelligence to employ the most effective role
• Experience driving toward sales targets and meeting key performance indicators
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
• Must be at least 21 years old with a clean and valid driver’s license; must meet eligibility requirements to drive a Siemens company vehicle.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.