Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 246286
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Hoffman Estates
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will design cutting edge SPECT and PET cameras for the molecular imaging market leader. These devices are used in hospitals and clinics around the world to improve diagnostic outcomes and develop new treatments for a variety of diseases, including cancer and Alzheimer’s. Our mechanical engineers are involved from early concept generation through the products’ end of life. As a senior engineer, you will be expected to utilize your knowledge of mechanisms, structural design, and heat transfer to provide robust solutions to this innovative market. You will work directly with product management, manufacturing, as well as the other engineering disciplines in a cross functional and collaborative environment. Engineers at this level are expected to have developed a broad experience in common fabrication technologies including injection molding, sand and die casting, weldments, sheet metal, thermoforming and more.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a member of the mechanical engineering staff developing clinical medical imaging systems; your required skills and responsibilities include:
- Provide design concepts, material/design specifications, detailed part and assembly drawings from 3D CAD package (Siemens NX).
- Ability to lead and operate within a cross-functional team made up of both technical and non-technical team members.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills to communicate information effectively to peers, managers, supply chain, and technical staff from various countries.
- Ability to convey ideas and concepts to diverse audiences including the clinical community, product management and other engineers is essential.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment as part of a team.
- Work autonomously to produce excellent results with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytic and decision-making skills.
- Strong quality orientation and customer focus
Required education and skills to have for success in this role:
- MS in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 5-10+ years of successful experience in related field
- 5-10+ years structural component design (seismic and other vibration analysis preferred)
- 3+ years designing in 3D CAD (NX preferred)
- 5+ years machine design