Business Unit: Rolling Stock
Requisition Number: 246289
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Our Commissioning Technician will work in an experienced team and exciting environment on next generation diesel locomotives or coaches. Our vehicles are connecting cities all over the United States and we are working together with the customer on site to achieve the main goals for the warranty period. You will be mainly responsible for commissioning and troubleshooting, repairing and improving our vehicles to achieve a high customer satisfaction and reliability.
- Commissioning and troubleshooting locomotives or coaches
- Perform, with the use of mechanical drawings, schematics and location circuit plans, electrical and mechanical repairs of various components
- Use laptops with subsystem software to troubleshoot various systems onboard the locomotives.
- Diagnose electrical malfunctions in locomotive control circuits and components, assess the nature of problems, and identify corrective action needed.
- Read, interpret and understand written or electronic information, maintain the information, and compile reports
- Work with shop machines and hand tools.
- Communicate in a team, to the site lead and colleagues, verbally and in writing, technical information, job procedure recommendations, improvements and other work-related information.
- Understand and follow company and industry safety rules, practices, and procedures.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High school diploma (or GED)
- Minimum 5 years experiences in relevant field
- Must be proficient in reading and working with electrical, pneumatic, mechanical circuit diagrams to troubleshooting failures in the affected system
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in team
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Technical Diploma
- Field Service or Operations experience preferably in the railroad industry