Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 246316
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-Cromwell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Building Automation Service and Energy
- Initiates / builds / maintains long-term relationships with the appropriate account decision makers.
- Proficiently develops and implements plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities in assigned markets while skillfully collaborating with both internal and external partners.
- Develops high-quality best total-solutions that fit customer strategic and operational requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of market conditions and competitors activities to develop sales plans that achieve or exceed short and long-term sales goals.
- Team sells with other Salespeople as appropriate.
- Prepares annual technology roadmap for each account, specifically related to automation service and upgrades, energy management, intelligent building technologies, and management software.
- Effectively performs needs assessments, develops sales proposals, estimates, specifications, and presentations.
- Implements account development plans that optimize revenue growth, profitability, and customer satisfaction/loyalty.
- Works with operations, finance, legal, and other inside and outside resources as needed.
- Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion. Ensures a smooth sales-to-operations turnover and monitors progress. Assists in resolving installation, collections, and other customer satisfaction issues when necessary.
- Prepares accurate sales activity reports, forecast reports, and expense tracking.
- Participates in civic and professional organizations, workshops, and seminars. Keeps current on market, business, and product trends.
- Continues to pursue in-depth product and service knowledge and acquire deeper selling, technical, and financial skills.
- Drives/coordinates new business across all product lines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Computer Engineering strongly preferred, however, candidates with a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency a minimum requirement) and experience, or candidates with a related Bachelor’s Degree will also be considered
- 2+ years of experience with proven sales and/or account management skills in an industry with a type of sales cycle and customer interface similar to those of building automation, HVAC Controls, mechanical, or energy systems, although candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree as outlined above with less experience will also be considered.
- Required travel: 10%. Mostly local travel, limited overnight travel for meetings/training.
- High level technical and medium level financial knowledge to effectively estimate and sell Siemens' solutions and service product lines with a high degree of independence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Preferred education: Bachelor's degree in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Preferred experience: Experience selling Building Automation and Energy Services in the Connecticut market.