Business Unit: Energy & Infrastructure
Requisition Number: 246346
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Reston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Summary: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. (SGT) is a Federally-compliant U.S. organization that delivers to the Federal Government the full spectrum of Siemens’ globally trusted and recognized solutions (products and services), in all 50 U.S. states and its territories, and in many countries at U.S. Government locations. SGT is looking to hire a VP of Operations The VP of Operations is responsible for developing and executing strategy and plans in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization. This person provides strategic leadership and will be responsible for leading, developing and managing the project execution teams to drive successful, profitable projects across SGT. This role may also be responsible for leading and managing the quality, safety and business optimization functions for SGT.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the organization's operations function and performance.
- Supports new business capture efforts to ensure that proposals and bids submitted are executable and profitable as bid
- Participates in the development of the organization's plans and programs as a strategic partner, but particularly from the perspective of program and project execution
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies to lead the improvement efforts of the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission -- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning through business optimization and quality resources.
- Develops/Leads staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the organization for positions of responsibility.
- Develops/Leads driving accountability across the project execution teams to ensure that needs and risks have been assessed and understood for each project to include but not limited to: staffing projections, planning, project budgets, project bidding processes, project scheduling, logistics planning and subcontractor evaluation/procurement.
efforts within the project teams to evaluate project costs to date and
develop/maintain an accurate forecast of project costs and profitability.
Develops reviews and procedures to regularly evaluate the project schedule and implement adjustments necessary to maintain or recover the required goals/milestones as well as to maintain P&L responsibility for all projects assigned. Develop and manage annual budget.
Develops/Leads overall accountability across the SGT Operations team for processes and procedures to ensure company standards are being met with regard to quality, safety and environmental requirements.
with leadership and others as assigned, to regularly evaluate the
processes by which projects are executed.
Continually drives performance assessment and performance improvement efforts to ensure a very good or better CPAR (Contractor Performance Assessment Reporting) evaluation from the Government Contracting Officers
credibility throughout the organization to be a trusted, effective
listener and problem solver of people issues.
Develops appropriate policies, procedures and programs for effective management of the Operations and Execution team including but not limited to
- Ensuring there is a standardized process for managing project execution from project inception to acceptance with a standardized regular project review process to comprehensively evaluate project safety, budget and schedule.
- Ensuring projects have a uniform methodology for schedule creation, updating and reporting to help uncover potential issues early
- Ensuring projects implement budget controls using cost loaded schedule, unit-tracking methodology and working in close coordination with supply chain for subcontractor and vendor buy-outs
- Ensuring a focus on Project Safety including close coordination with Safety Director including creating a uniform Operational Risk Management, daily safety briefing and reporting method to find and address any trends in safety incidents.
candidate will possess the following including but not limited to:
Successful track record of developing, leading and managing people and assembling successful teams
At least (10) years of progressively responsible roles with large Federal Construction Projects or similar industry experience with similar safety and quality (e.g. nuclear industry) requirements; power or electrical background a plus
Experience in large complex technical programs with Federal agencies or similar complex customers or industries
Deep experience collaborating with Supply Chain and managing third parties and sub- contractors in the government space.
Experience with software or IT programs
Experience with UFGS and UFC documentation
Expert knowledge of finance and lifecycle costs
Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
Budget development and oversight experience
A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
Experience with safety and demonstrated success of execution in safe work place
Success will be measured by:
Meeting or exceeding revenue and profitability targets for programs in execution
Completion of programs on time and within budget
Follow on business to existing contracts
Achievement of service metrics for response time and customer satisfaction
Leadership skills and organization success as measured by employee survey results and employee retention
Development and execution repeatable processes in support of industry standards such as ISO 9001, CMMI Level 3, and safety standards such as OSHA and EM 385Workplace Safety as measured by the number of recordable incidents and near misses
Customer satisfaction as measured by targeted CPAR scores of 4 or better