Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 246359
Primary Location: United States-Kansas-Lenexa
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
* Smart building and network technologies: Backs up data from data servers and/or creates automated backup procedure; troubleshoots and resolves inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; drives issues to resolution. Sets up and configures PC workstations, user interfaces; data servers, IP Networking devices, protocols, routers, switches, and hubs including fiber optics.
Confirm proper network performance.
* Project Site Communication and Coordination: Works with the project manager to schedule with trade contractors and coordinate start-up services as needed; start-up and test HVAC equipment, coordinates network drops, IP addresses, and monitoring tools with the customer's IT Department; works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration to their systems and verifies proper operation.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* Some overnight travel may be required
* Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States.
* Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
Performs start up and check out of computerized building automation systems and HVAC control systems on a construction site or occupied facility in a commercial or industrial environment. Will use a laptop computer to document start up procedures and any problems found. Will troubleshoot equipment using a multi-meter and hand tools. Computer skills are required. An electrical or building automation background is preferred. Must understand HVAC systems and concepts. The ability to work on a construction site including the use of step ladders and scaffolding is required.
* Performs point to point check out of installed equipment to verify operability of components including HVAC control systems, lighting control systems, and energy management systems.
* Runs tests to verify equipment is operating to specified parameters. Verifies the sequence of operation.
* Develops and troubleshoots software programming.
* Works with engineering group to verify design; creates and reviews job specific programming via computer for various systems; creates /reviews and uploads system database, and creates graphics.
* Associates degree or 3-5 years equivalent experience required.
* Electronics background required with the ability to troubleshoot electrical circuits.
* Strong computer/IT skills required
* Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
.Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
* Knowledge of commercial HVAC systems a plus.
* Some IT knowledge or experience preferred.
* Experience with building automation systems, Triduum, Niagara, C++ or PLC systems preferred.