Business Unit: Mechanical Drives
Requisition Number: 246360
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-New Haven
Other Locations: United States-New York-Syracuse, United States-Rhode Island-Providence, United States-Connecticut-Manchester, United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 80%
Flender Corp. (a Siemens company) is in search of an industry to industry sales professional with experience in selling industrial gear units, couplings and services to OEM’s, Distributors, EPC’s and End-users. Prior sales experience with open gearing, gear units or couplings is highly preferred. Experience in direct OEM or End-user sales and managing a distribution / sales representative network is a strong plus. This position will report to the Sales Manager.
The top candidate chosen for this key role will be responsible for formulating and executing business plans to penetrate and grow industrial accounts in the referenced marketplace. The product portfolio is focused on standard or special gear units for industrial applications, couplings, services or complete integrated drive trains.
- Develop and implement regional business plans that exceed expectations in revenue retention/growth, account profitability, and customer satisfaction/loyalty.
- Pursue long-term account strategy that maximizes profits.
- Help to identify and develop potential distribution partners to achieve goals.
- Assist in cultivating long-term relationships with the appropriate key account decision makers.
- Develop a complete understanding of the organization's structure and key buying influences of assigned account.
- Perform client presentations articulating the value proposition of product / solution / service offerings.
- Provide management with suggestions for improving volume, market share and price levels.
- Develop forecasts, budgets and operating plans for all sales channels.
- Provide general guidance or train support and/or professional staff.
- Travel: 80%
BS/BA degree in Mechanical Engineering is a plus but, not required, or advanced degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We look for a hunting-spirit individual who demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge in the field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Demonstrates significant knowledge of organizations business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues. Typically 2-5 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
PLEASE NOTE: Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.